Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does ATA or Aruba.com own comments on this site?

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River

Does ATA or Aruba.com own comments on this site?

Just a quick question..
    If comments/replies/suggestions etc. are made on this site can they be used as adv. on someone else's site...?

Just curious, found another personal site and saw a bunch of comments from this site on it...
    Don't know if its fair without being asked, and I personally don't like anything I've said repeated in writting on someone else's adv. site, especially when it was not their ideas...hijacked comments imop.

Comments please...

I use http://www.aruba.com/forum/misc.php?do=linkbacks on my blog, but always in the form of
    link: Title of Thread. I do this for other links to information on Aruba as well such as seen here
    Posts on my blog are then forwarded to my FB page.

Aruba since 1979
    the short answer is probably yes

folks sheould always post a link'

bottom line is with the internet if it is not copyrighted, it is probably fair game

ex: jolly pirate used a picure off of lisa's blog it is a px of her daughter and hubby

was permission required probably not

it is a very muddied area

and cindy your post is awesome and asks a great question

also too......
    GOOGLE these words together Cindy O Aruba Bully
    or
    Andrea Aruba Snorkel

or

Robo renaissance aruba
    look at what shows up for the world to see.
    Quote Originally Posted by cindyo View Post
    Just a quick question..
    If comments/replies/suggestions etc. are made on this site can they be used as adv. on someone else's site...?

Just curious, found another personal site and saw a bunch of comments from this site on it...
    Don't know if its fair without being asked, and I personally don't like anything I've said repeated in writting on someone else's adv. site, especially when it was not their ideas...hijacked comments imop.

Comments please...
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 01-24-2010 at 10:23 PM. Reason: per the "reporting from Jolly Pirate that they were in disagreement of my post ;-

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    and cindy your post is awesome and asks a great question

also too......
    GOOGLE these words together Cindy O Aruba Bully
    or
    Andrea Aruba Snorkel

or

Robo renaissance aruba
    look at what shows up for the world to see.
    YIKES....who would have thought....thanks for making me aware...

OMG, I should have used a different name on this BB!
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Aruba since 1979
    Especially on but not limited to TIMESHARE postings....i have given up on asking folks NOT to post their full names, their emails and their phone numbers.

As Andrea said, anything and everything on the internet is fair game if it isn't copyrighted.

Remember when I had one of my photos used in an ad for Old Man & The Sea in the Aruba Today newspaper without my knowledge/permission. Nothing you can do...except hope it's a flattering photo (and be careful what you write!) LOL!!
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 --
    36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Quote Originally Posted by ~Amy~ View Post
    As Andrea said, anything and everything on the internet is fair game if it isn't copyrighted.

Remember when I had one of my photos used in an ad for Old Man & The Sea in the Aruba Today newspaper without my knowledge/permission. Nothing you can do...except hope it's a flattering photo (and be careful what you write!) LOL!!
    Legally nobody is allowed to use someone else picture on the internet unless they have explicit permission from the creator of the image. In some cases, a rights statement alongside the image will tell you how you can use it. If its not clear, you need to find out by contacting the image creator, the copyright owner or the website owner.

In consequence you could have request from OMATS to remove your pics from their ads.

The whole thing is like copying MP3 it's illegal still many do it...

Copyright Is Automatic
    Thanks to the Berne Convention, at the moment of creation, when the artwork is "fixed" in some tangible form, copyright applies automatically. For a photographer, when you press the shutter release you are making a photo and gaining copyright to that photo at the same time. You don't have to declare copyright or file any paperwork. It is yours to keep until you explicitly give it away or you die (the duration in the U.S. is the author's lifetime plus 70 years).

That said, there is an advantage to filling for copyright. If a dispute arises, you can get punitive damages (in addition to compensatory damages) if a form was filed before infringement.

If a company uses a photograph of a person or family, that company needs a “Model Release” for each person in that photograph.

A brief summary of my experience regarding my photographs

- Several years ago, I visited my favorite town in Portugal which is Obidos. During this visit, my wife and I heard some really good music coming from a store located on the main road. We stopped to look at the music cd which was placed on the store window because it was the one currently playing. Guess what we saw on the cd---a photograph that was taken by me placed on the cover of the cd. We went into the store and discovered five (5) additional music cds and they ALL had my photographs. A total of eight (8) of my photographs were used without my permission.

As of this time, the owner has paid me for "Stealing" my photos in the amount of $250.00 per digital download. The ironic part of this story is that she represents music artists in cases of "Copyright Infringement'.

My photographs on the music cds can be found here http://www.flickr.com/photos/oldworldphoto/sets/72157600327079003/detail/

I sell my photographs and postcards in this town with one store that I have a contract – this music store is located three (3) stores away!

Regards,

Aruba since 1979
    WOW that was so bizarre..........being in portugal and finding YOUR photos.
    how the heck did you prove it?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast