Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does ATA or Aruba.com own comments on this site?

The post processing of my photos are unique and are very easy to spot. (Refer to my below listed website to see) I also digitally embed my personal information on all of my photos that I have on my websites.

There are several websites that can track where all of your photos are located on the web. One site is http://www.tineye.com/. This site does a reverse image search and lists all sites containing your photos.

Proving was very easy as the photos that this person did steal are also being sold at one store that I have licensed to sell my photos and postcards. The same photographs were also on several of my photography websites being sold by me and I am the copyright holder.

In the end, the owner of the store knew that she was caught and did agree to pay me at my rate for stealing eight photographs. At that time, I was selling a 1 meg digital download for $250.00 for a one year license. Larger size files are much more.

Regards,

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    the short answer is probably yes

folks sheould always post a link'

bottom line is with the internet if it is not copyrighted, it is probably fair game

ex: jolly pirate used a photo off of lisa's blog it is a px of her daughter and hubby

[B [/B]

was permission required.... probably not

it is a very muddied area

and cindy your post is awesome and asks a great question

also too......
    GOOGLE these words together Cindy O Aruba Bully
    or
    Andrea Aruba Snorkel

or

Robo renaissance aruba
    look at what shows up for the world to see.
    To clear the muddied;
    I am not sure exactly why Lisa's photo on my website is mentioned here.
    No lifting - here - Jolly did request the permission of Lisa to use the photo mentioned.
    And just to be very certain, I did take the time to search my messages and found several - I found the request and the thank you for my request and also the permission.
    Just to be correct - I also sent along a new message to Lisa to ask her if she had a change of heart and did let her know that I wld certainly remove it - if she had.
    Sure hope there are no hard feelings.
    Not my way and not my intention at all.
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 01-24-2010 at 10:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Amy~ View Post
    As Andrea said, anything and everything on the internet is fair game if it isn't copyrighted.

Remember when I had one of my photos used in an ad for Old Man & The Sea in the Aruba Today newspaper without my knowledge/permission. Nothing you can do...except hope it's a flattering photo (and be careful what you write!) LOL!!

I remember the photo and it was a great one!

Andrea, I was surprised the first time I typed something in Google and saw a question I either answered or asked (can't remember) on the internet....worse was the fact it came from the forum......after the initial shock I just went about my business and never thought a thing about it until I just read CindyO's question......I guess the internet is what it is ????
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Aruba since 1979
    ya it is what it is and obviously by retagger's report folks tend to ignore copyright law either deliberately or by ignorance.

a couple of years ago,a woman on this site posted some beautiful butterfly photos.
    a few of us asked if we could copy them and she was obliging.

but the www is what it is and there is corruption, deceit, thievery, identity theft, misinterpretations...............but the good still outweighs the bad (IMO)

Quote Originally Posted by jolly View Post
    I remember the photo and it was a great one!
    What was funny was that the photo they used was taken at Passions, not Old Man & The Sea. LOL!!

It's the one in my signature below of Mike and I at dinner....at Passions!
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 --
    36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

To all my Aruba friends...there are no problems.

Dd was thrilled she could be so popular. Now it is her Mom who is sad that the little girl in the photo below is growing up so quickly and now the "little lady" in my avatar.

Hopefully I won't get in trouble with Aruba Today for posting below.

Quote Originally Posted by jolly View Post
    To clear the muddied;
    I am not sure exactly why Lisa's photo on my website is mentioned here.
    No lifting - here - Jolly did request the permission of Lisa to use the photo mentioned.
    And just to be very certain, I did take the time to search my messages and found several - I found the request and the thank you for my request and also the permission.
    Just to be correct - I also sent along a new message to Lisa to ask her if she had a change of heart and did let her know that I wld certainly remove it - if she had.
    Sure hope there are no hard feelings.
    Not my way and not my intention at all.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12