Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: DOW finally over 9000

  1. #1
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    29,886

    DOW finally over 9000

    maybe our 401 will go back to being a 401 instead of a -201

  2. #2
    Senior Member qlaval's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    953
    And canadian money is now back to 0.92usd yeepeee!
    Aruba is getting more and more affordable...

  3. #3
    Senior Member rob o's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,793
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    maybe our 401 will go back to being a 401 instead of a -201
    It's a 301 for now. Hope you didn't sell when it was a 201.
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com



  4. #4
    Senior Member Orrin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    178
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    maybe our 401 will go back to being a 401 instead of a -201
    I guess it's better that a 404 (Not Found).

  5. #5
    Member Judy L's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Renissance ocean suites pool bar,private island,Marriott Ocean club pool and pool bar,Marriott Casino,
    Posts
    68
    Best news I heard today

  6. #6
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    29,886
    the funny thing rob about our 401s was that when we retired (me june 08, paul july 08) we had to roll over our 401s into IRAs. our financial planner advised us to lkeep most of it sitting in cash.......so we did til feb 09.
    we did have a loss.
    but not as bad as some.
    and thank god we won't be hitting up that money for a few more yrs.



    Quote Originally Posted by rob o View Post
    It's a 301 for now. Hope you didn't sell when it was a 201.

  7. #7
    Senior Member rob o's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,793
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    we did have a loss.
    but not as bad as some.
    and thank god we won't be hitting up that money for a few more yrs.
    Years ago, my broker advised me to put my girls' college funds into the stock market. Against his advice, I put it into fixed maturity bonds of various types with maturities in 2011 through 2014. Thank God I didn't listen to the broker's professional advice!

    Folks....if you know when you'll need your money....don't gamble what you can't afford to....you'll sleep better.
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com



  8. #8
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    29,886
    smart move on your part huh!!

    re: kevin's college fund.............there was a minimal one.
    we started one and on the advice of our financial planner we stopped contributing and concentrated on the retirement fund instead.

    kevin was very lucky
    he got about $75000 in academic scholarships and the rest from us.
    the college money we had set aside bought him a car.

    i am not sure who was luckier......paul and i or kevin? probably kevin as he got the terrific MMA education, the ideal career, the car and the girl!!!

    hahahaha
    andrea

    Quote Originally Posted by rob o View Post
    Years ago, my broker advised me to put my girls' college funds into the stock market. Against his advice, I put it into fixed maturity bonds of various types with maturities in 2011 through 2014. Thank God I didn't listen to the broker's professional advice!

    Folks....if you know when you'll need your money....don't gamble what you can't afford to....you'll sleep better.

  9. #9
    Senior Member Arubalisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Any Aruba beach...
    Posts
    13,177
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    on the advice of our financial planner we stopped contributing and concentrated on the retirement fund instead.
    andrea
    http://clarkhoward.com/liveweb/shownotes/2009/05/28/15860/
    "Just remember that there are no scholarships for retirement."

  10. #10
    Senior Member rob o's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,793
    I am too conservative to have crossed my fingers and hope for scholarships. If they eventually get something....great!
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com



Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO