Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: EHampite - Where are you?

Sorry everyone! Didn't have a chance to access a computer in Aruba and just arrived home last night!

We missed the connection in Philly because the plane had to be de-iced. Even with car trouble on the way to Logan, we arrived in plenty of time to board our flight. Left the gate on time, but were delayed by about 1/2 hour because of the de-icing ritual!

Arrived in Philly at terminal A and were departing from terminal C - so never would have made the connection with the 8 minutes we had to spare. They actually let the PHL-AUA flight depart 5 minutes early! Darn - I was ready to sprint for the gate to try and make it.

But USAir was waiting for about a dozen of us who should have been on that flight. They had printed up new boarding passes and put us on the flight connecting through CLT to AUA. While it wasn't the flight schedule I would have picked (!!!), it all worked out.

Now we're back home - not enjoying this frigid weather - and trying to reacclimate ourselves and get back into our normal routine.

Thanks everyone for your thoughts and concerns! Sorry I didn't get online while in AUA - guess it's time to buy the laptop I've been meaning to get!

Quote Originally Posted by EHampite View Post
    Sorry everyone! Didn't have a chance to access a computer in Aruba and just arrived home last night!

Thanks everyone for your thoughts and concerns! Sorry I didn't get online while in AUA - guess it's time to buy the laptop I've been meaning to get!

Wow...the time flew even for those of us at home. Sorry you had such a tough time getting there....but glad you finally got there safely.

One year....we missed a connection and got in at 10:30 PM instead of the scheduled 2:00. We do everything we can to go non-stop since then.
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Thanks, RobO. Yes, hubby and I have discussed the non-stop flights and if we fly from Boston again, we will make every effort to do that. Our preferred airport is BDL, but sadly no non-stops from BDL, plus they are typically, more expensive. After this last experience, however, believe me ... non-stop will be high priority from now on!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12