Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Equifax Breach/Hack

An important thing to remember if you sign up for the credit protection/monitoring. By doing so, you waive all rights to any future action you may have against Equifax.

Thanks for the info. I've been impacted. Ugh
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Quote Originally Posted by purpleangel View Post
    An important thing to remember if you sign up for the credit protection/monitoring. By doing so, you waive all rights to any future action you may have against Equifax.
    I checked the Equifax FAQs today, and was happy to see this. Equifax has changed their Terms & Conditions so that no consumer is prohibited from taking legal action. The arbitration and class action waivers have been removed for this breach only.

To confirm, enrolling in the free credit file monitoring and identity theft protection products that we are offering as part of this cybersecurity incident does not prohibit consumers from taking legal action. We have already removed that language from the Terms of Use on the site www.equifaxsecurity2017.com. The Terms of Use on www.equifax.com do not apply to the TrustedID Premier product being offered to consumers as a result of the cybersecurity incident. Again, to be as clear as possible, we will not apply any arbitration clause or class action waiver against consumers for claims related to the free products offered in response to the cybersecurity incident or for claims related to the cybersecurity incident itself.

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    though we were not impacted, we chose to freeze our credit reports for all three companies. if i need to apply for credit, i would unfreeze it with a pin #.

Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post
    though we were not impacted, we chose to freeze our credit reports for all three companies. if i need to apply for credit, i would unfreeze it with a pin #.
    Gaby, this was a very wise thing to do. I urge everyone to consider this action as it prevents anyone from applying for credit with your info. Like you point out, the freeze can be lifted if you need to apply for credit.

Here is more info on freezing or locking your report, remember you must take action on all three to prevent further issues:

https://www.transunion.com/credit-fr...credit-freeze2
    https://www.experian.com/freeze/center.html
    https://www.freeze.equifax.com/

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    I managed two out of three. Transunion keeps having technical difficulties. I will try again in a couple of days and if not, I will have to mail it to them which I do not wish to do.

Reminder: If you signed up with Equifax, you have to go back on your enrollment date and complete the enrollment process. process.

I didn't sign up with them, I just did a security freeze. it remains on there until you unfreeze it for a particular reason or never unfreeze it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12