Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree91Likes

Thread: Ever Been On An HGTV Show?

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Quote Originally Posted by schexc View Post
    Yeah, only 2. What's up,with that?!
    Actually, I can remember 3 shows:

The first was maybe in 2008 where a couple (ballet dancers) bought a Spanish style home.

The second was a very modern, very expensive home close to Tierra del Sol gulf course.

The third was a home more inwards of Aruba, bought by a couple who had small kids. The man wanted to rent it out, his wife was first against renting but changed her mind later on.

Quote Originally Posted by CK1 View Post

The first was maybe in 2008 where a couple (ballet dancers) bought a Spanish style home.

The second was a very modern, very expensive home close to Tierra del Sol gulf course.

The third was a home more inwards of Aruba, bought by a couple who had small kids. The man wanted to rent it out, his wife was first against renting but changed her mind later on.

I remember your your first and last. The old brain is still stuck trying to recollect the second one.
    TRIP 15 OCTOBER 2018

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY THROUGH http://www.thepearlaruba.com/.

CK1
    I remember your your first and last. The old brain is still stuck trying to recollect the second one.
    It was quite a new, expensive home with a gorgeous swimming pool. I wished there were a video or photos of that episode. The closest I could find it this video, hope, it helps:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maA0bAjYvHc

Same here. I don't think I saw it. I found this description on the HGTV website:

Season 11, Episode 7Aiming for Aruba

Mark and Tara Howard are both from New York, but they've lived in the Cleveland area for the last 12 years, along with their daughters Halle and Amanda. Their large house has everything the could want, except for one thing: the ocean. That's why the Howards are looking for a vacation home in beautiful Aruba. They want to be as close to the water as possible, but their budget might be an obstacle, so they're willing to look in some of the less popular areas in hopes of making their dreams of waterfront living a reality.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

CK1
    I found some info on the third one I had mentioned previously:

To Rent Out or Not To Rent Out in Aruba

Canadians Luis and Marcela have been discussing and saving to buy a vacation home in Aruba since they first visited there three years prior. Being from Toronto, they fell in love with the warm, dry climate and the sunny white beaches. But although they are in sync about most of the details, there's one annoying area of disagreement, renting out the property when they are not there. Find out what happens when House Hunters International travels to Aruba.

http://www.hgtv.com/shows/house-hunt...t-out-in-aruba

CK1
    And some info on the first show which aired in 2008! Hard to believe how time flies by!

2008-10-16 13:56 Just to let everyone know, Aruba will be featured on HGTV (Home & Garden TV Network). Check it out on Thursday, 10/23 at 10:00pm EST on their House Hunters International program. If you are not on the eastcoast, check your local TV listings for times or go to HGTV.com. This will feature a couple from the USA shopping for a 2nd home in Aruba. Lucky them!!!
    I'll tune in to get my Aruba fix. Enjoy!!

http://www.trip-pub.com/forum-757788...39-l-HGTV.html

CK1
    I believe this was the second Aruba episode, aired in October 2014:

Man vs Math vs Wife, for the Caribbean Dream Home
    Jersey natives Urlin and Stephanie have built a sensible but hectic life together without ever having to leave their zip code. After a quick trip to Aruba, however, Urlin fell in love with the rather impractical idea of a beachfront Caribbean dream home. It’s an investment that could threaten the family’s financial future, but Urlin is determined to explore the possibilities. Wanting to be supportive, Stephanie has agreed to come along for the ride, but if they can’t find a suitable property and a way to pay for it upfront, Stephanie may force Urlin to leave Curacao empty-handed.

http://leopardusa.com/this-week-on-h...ternational-6/

CK1
    Quote Originally Posted by CK1 View Post

HA! I just came across a post where the two first episodes were mentioned! Seems it was around 2008.

7. Re: Aruba on House Hunters Int'l - HGTV
    Oct 17, 2008, 3:22 PM

There's actually 2 episodes. An older one where the family buys a multi-million dollar home in the Tiera del Sol area and then the recent one where the couple are from Upper Saddle River NJ and are ballet dancers and they buy a more affordable home around $250,000. Both are great! House Hunters is my favorite show.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic...GTV-Aruba.html

We were chosen!!! No one can resist my debonair charm and good looks. LOL

Still some date logistics to work out with the producers though... our schedules are a little off.

I'm hoping somebody can help us out with this issue: I've asked the producers if we can highlight the work that the Aruba Rescue Foundation does with stray dogs as part of the "island activities" segment (I don't think they need another "here we are snorkeling" segment) ... does anybody know an individual the producers can contact if they're game to highlight ARF's work?

Aruba since 1979
    it would be forum member Sugar

i will message you her email

WOW, you were chosen GREAT

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast