Aruba Beach
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 133
Like Tree81Likes

Thread: Ever Been On An HGTV Show?

  1. #31
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    494
    Alright! Cool!
    I'm always on the lookout on HGTV for any episodes of House Hunters or Caribbean Life that feature Aruba. Keep us informed and let us know when you get through and what the whole process was like. As long as it's Aruba (or any of the ABC Islands) I will be sure to watch.

  2. #32
    Senior Member cindyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Posts
    5,700
    HOW THE HECK DID I MISS THIS???!!!

    I am so excited for you, that is freaking fabulous
    keep us posted
    figure that kink out and get yourselves there!!!
    super news😎



    Quote Originally Posted by act1966 View Post
    We were chosen!!! No one can resist my debonair charm and good looks. LOL

    Still some date logistics to work out with the producers though... our schedules are a little off.

    I'm hoping somebody can help us out with this issue: I've asked the producers if we can highlight the work that the Aruba Rescue Foundation does with stray dogs as part of the "island activities" segment (I don't think they need another "here we are snorkeling" segment) ... does anybody know an individual the producers can contact if they're game to highlight ARF's work?

  3. #33
    Super Moderator Jacki's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    5,060
    Has this changed since you already closed? Or will they fake the show a bit?
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

  4. #34
    Senior Member act1966's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    In the pool.
    Posts
    2,103
    "Caribbean Life" focus is more on moving toward living for extended periods of time in the Caribbean (i.e. the six month duration for non-residents which would be us in the next few years).

    I think the house search, unlike House Hunters International, is just part of the "production" so we'll be gushing over our "eventual" house and critical of others (e.g. "Who installs shag carpet in Aruba?!?") and then talking about our drivers for wanting to live in Aruba.

    I'm sure there will a special segment dedicated to the medicinal healing power of the margarita.

    They're still working through logistics on their end so we're not 100% there yet.

    The updates, they will be a comin'...

  5. #35
    Super Moderator Jacki's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    5,060
    Sorry - I was thinking it was House Hunters International.

    I'm so excited for your episode!!!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

  6. #36
    Senior Member cindyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Posts
    5,700
    Going to Aruba on 9/25, need anything "checked" on act1966?

  7. #37
    Member EdandLiz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Arashi Beach, Baby Beach, San Nicholas, Oranjestad, Noord.. Basically the whole dang island!
    Posts
    97

    Working with HHI Now...

    Quote Originally Posted by act1966 View Post
    "Caribbean Life" focus is more on moving toward living for extended periods of time in the Caribbean (i.e. the six month duration for non-residents which would be us in the next few years).

    I think the house search, unlike House Hunters International, is just part of the "production" so we'll be gushing over our "eventual" house and critical of others (e.g. "Who installs shag carpet in Aruba?!?") and then talking about our drivers for wanting to live in Aruba.

    I'm sure there will a special segment dedicated to the medicinal healing power of the margarita.

    They're still working through logistics on their end so we're not 100% there yet.

    The updates, they will be a comin'...
    We are working with HHI...it's a pretty long and drawn out process but we are excited about a home we recently purchase for personal use as well as rental when we are not staying there...

    We are waiting on hearing back regarding logistics as well...

  8. #38
    Senior Member act1966's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    In the pool.
    Posts
    2,103
    Quote Originally Posted by cindyo View Post
    Going to Aruba on 9/25, need anything "checked" on act1966?
    We'll be right behind you as we're down in October!

  9. #39
    Senior Member act1966's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    In the pool.
    Posts
    2,103
    Quote Originally Posted by EdandLiz View Post
    We are working with HHI...it's a pretty long and drawn out process but we are excited about a home we recently purchase for personal use as well as rental when we are not staying there...

    We are waiting on hearing back regarding logistics as well...
    Did you purchase the home furnished? A friend just told me that HHI wanted them to clear the house out (that they'd already purchased) for the episode filming so it would look like the house was up for sale! Uh, no... I'm not moving while on vacation. Ugh.

  10. #40
    Member EdandLiz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Arashi Beach, Baby Beach, San Nicholas, Oranjestad, Noord.. Basically the whole dang island!
    Posts
    97
    Quote Originally Posted by act1966 View Post
    We were chosen!!! No one can resist my debonair charm and good looks. LOL

    Still some date logistics to work out with the producers though... our schedules are a little off.

    I'm hoping somebody can help us out with this issue: I've asked the producers if we can highlight the work that the Aruba Rescue Foundation does with stray dogs as part of the "island activities" segment (I don't think they need another "here we are snorkeling" segment) ... does anybody know an individual the producers can contact if they're game to highlight ARF's work?
    Let me ask around. I'm having dinner with a dear local friend tonight who may be able to point me in the right direction!

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO