Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: eyebrow waxing and tattoo

Aruba since 1979

eyebrow waxing and tattoo

my 37 yr old niece and her husband and 2 young teen daughters are here at my house for a 10 day visit from
    maine.

they have kept us very busy!!!

(we lead a pretty quiet life of part time work, water aerobics, water walking, lap swimming, disney and other quiet stuff)

with them here, it has been a whirlwind and I am very much earning my 4 pm nap!!

yestrday the girls including their mother, needed their eyebrows waxed. off to the salon at the mall we went!
    after the eyebrows were done, we stood in front of the tattoo shop and i said aloud "someday i would love to be brave enough to have a small kitty tattoo on the inside part of my arm"

well, god only knows what happened........but within a minute i was signing the release and within 5 minutes i was sitting there having "kitty tattoo"

it is in the area not too far below where blood is drawn for blood work.

on a scale of 1 - 10
    1 being no pain, 10 being childbirth...it was a 2.
    no crying, cursing or fainting.

eyebrow waxing and tattoo-img_0736.jpg

Omg....you are so brave . Since I don't like needles I will not be able to do it.
    However I love to call the shots. ..lol
    By the way it is very nice
    CATHI

Off to the airport. .. .

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    my 37 yr old niece and her husband and 2 young teen daughters are here at my house for a 10 day visit from
    maine.

they have kept us very busy!!!

(we lead a pretty quiet life of part time work, water aerobics, water walking, lap swimming, disney and other quiet stuff)

with them here, it has been a whirlwind and I am very much earning my 4 pm nap!!

yestrday the girls including their mother, needed their eyebrows waxed. off to the salon at the mall we went!
    after the eyebrows were done, we stood in front of the tattoo shop and i said aloud "someday i would love to be brave enough to have a small kitty tattoo on the inside part of my arm"

well, god only knows what happened........but within a minute i was signing the release and within 5 minutes i was sitting there having "kitty tattoo"

it is in the area not too far below where blood is drawn for blood work.

on a scale of 1 - 10
    1 being no pain, 10 being childbirth...it was a 2.
    no crying, cursing or fainting.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0736.jpg 
Views:	810 
Size:	96.8 KB 
ID:	3699

Love it!!! You'll be showing it off when you're in Aruba. Don't forget, no swimming for 2 weeks, at least that's what they told me when I got mine. I have a dragonfly above the ankle on the inside of my leg.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Cute
    brave woman
    chicken here!!

Aruba since 1979
    hahahahaha brave...not i. i was practically guaranteed it would not be painful.
    if it were, i'd have been outta there in a minute.
    swimming....ahhh too late

the tattoo place was as clean and attractive as a dr. office. (minus the lots and lots of the tattoo photos)

i load it up with cerave and swim.
    however, if it were a larger tatt, or had color along with the black, i'd follow the proper procedures.
    i do wash it with antibacterial soap, and keep it uncovered and unlotioned unless going into the pool.

however, i do not recommend following what i do as i am a swim/water aerobic fanatic and go into the pool come hell or high-water .
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 04-27-2015 at 09:11 AM.

Love it!!!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

I wonder if anyone on the board has ever gotten a tattoo in Aruba. I've thought about it.

Aruba since 1979
    my friend louann who is a member here, but rarely posts
    has gotten 6.

she follows the protocol of tattoo care and gets the tatt on the late afternoon before heading home and stays out of the pool/ocean
    for at least a week.

she has a fofoti tree (small) a small natural bridge, the aruba logo and a few others that i forget.
    they are small, colorful and totally non obtrusive.

Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    I wonder if anyone on the board has ever gotten a tattoo in Aruba. I've thought about it.

I love it! Great choice for your tatoo. I have one that I regret, colors are faded partially from sun exposure when I was still lifeguarding without sunblock. It's a scorpion on my thigh that I got when I was 19 and drunk. It used to be purple but now it's more grey and black. At least it stays hidden most of the time. I've considered getting it covered with something else but it would end up being huge. I would love to have a new one on my foot but just haven't found the right thing.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

I wonder how they say Live Life in Papiamento? That would be cool for inside the wrist!

just found a translator it's Biba Bida
    Last edited by Pegmeister; 04-27-2015 at 10:21 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast