Aruba Beach
Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Like Tree375Likes

Thread: Female Taxi Driver Assaulted

Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4ever View Post
    quick question- when I donate, it says CAD- is my donation in Canadian or American dollars? I have a small amount on a gift card to start with, I will then do more.
    THANK YOU.....it is Canadian Dollars. I just checked my credit card charge, and my donation was only $0.73 USD for every US dollar I thought I was donating.

Please, everyone.....take this into consideration. You need to multiply the dollar value you fill in x 1.37 to get the value in US.

So, if you want to donate $10.00 US, donate 13.70

......better yet, make it 15
    Last edited by rob o; 02-05-2016 at 02:32 PM.
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Same here! I just checked my credit card and only about 70% of the US dollars were charged.

My suggestion:

Is there a way to start a new GoFundMe for Grace Angela located in the USA? To ensure that the amounts donated are the FULL US$ amount?

Otherwise, it will cause a LOT of confusion and many people don't read here (as the GoFundMe link has been shared on FB etc) and will not donate a second time. Therefore, Grace will not receive what was intended to give to her.

Just a thought...

Quote Originally Posted by CK1 View Post
    Same here! I just checked my credit card and only about 70% of the US dollars were charged.

My suggestion:

Is there a way to start a new GoFundMe for Grace Angela located in the USA? To ensure that the amounts donated are the FULL US$ amount?

Otherwise, it will cause a LOT of confusion and many people don't read here (as the GoFundMe link has been shared on FB etc) and will not donate a second time. Therefore, Grace will not receive what was intended to give to her.

Just a thought...
    I will call John, who is managing the site, and ask him to add a notification regarding the currency and currency conversions.
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Aruba since 1979
    i would like us to keep our eye on the ball here and try to be as respectful with our opinions as possible.
    i cannot allow name calling, intolerance and rudeness.

this is a topic that is heated and controversial.

so with respect, please i ask that you remain civil and polite and respectful.

CK1
    Quote Originally Posted by rob o View Post
    I will call John, who is managing the site, and ask him to add a notification regarding the currency and currency conversions.
    The problem with this is: Most people don't read the text/story at the GoFundMe site.

I just looked at the page to see if something could be posted in bold letters. Then, by chance I saw that John added a lot more info than what was posted originally.

JMO.

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    I noticed yesterday about that the funds were in Canadian funds. I didn't post as my computer died last week and didn't get my new desktop set-up until last night. If donating in U.S. fund, you can use a currency convertor http://www.xe.com/currencyconverter Put in the US dollar amount to be donated and it will show the amount in Canadian $'s. The Canadian amount is what you would enter on the GoFundMe page.

Examples at todays rates:
    $10.00 US = $13.89 CDN
    $15.00 US = $20.83 CDN
    $20.00 US = $27.78 CDN
    $25.00 US = $34.72 CDN
    $30.00 US = $41.65 CDN
    $50.00 US = $69.42 CDN
    $75.00 US = $104.13 CDN
    $100.00 US = $138.44 CDN

GoFundMe takes 5% of each donation.

CK1
    Quote Originally Posted by aquaman View Post
    Yes and and also bond dia. They acknowledged and are meant to assist
    I saw the event in Bon Dia (Thursday, February 4, 2016 - 17:24). But nothing about the GoFundMe so far.

http://bondia24.com/?q=article/medio...ltrata-taxista

I also checked Aruba Today (February 4) but did not see anything there yet.

Good morning everyone. I was having some difficulty last evening trying to donate to this worthy cause. It kept declining my credit card for some unknown reason. I even got a message from my bank inquiring if I was trying to donate. I do not ever give up so I tried again this morning and everything went thru fine. I am just posting this message in case anyone else had a problem. We all need to help each other when the need arises. This was a most unfortunate and heinous incident.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Thank you all for your donations, fund is growing nicely

CK1
    I saw on the GoFundMe page that Aquaman/John is going to speak with Grace and her family. I want to wish Grace a speedy and full recovery. I'm thinking about her often, the pain she must be in. Sending her positive thoughts and prayers.

Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast