Aruba Beach
Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
Like Tree375Likes

Thread: Female Taxi Driver Assaulted

Aruba since 1979
    seriously a trial date already!??!!

if he has any sense, he will plead guilty.
    Quote Originally Posted by cindyo View Post
    Contacted KXAN station( thanks richll) this morning and Austin Texas FB page. already had done Associted press, Instagram( aruba sites), forums, hotel FB pages, associated press writer in San Juan who wrote article ....

We're still plugging !!

Hats off to the Renaissance Timeshare owners group who rallied around this along with the great people here. Thank you!!
    I'm not done yet plugging , sorry if I'm driving you crazy...

TOMORROW is TRIAL DAY FOR Mr Maxwell

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    Its probably either a court date to see how to proceed or he did decide to plead guilty so then that could be that quick. I can't imagine an actual trial date in a week. If that's the case, then I have no idea what kind of judicial system they have. He probably decided to plead guilty, which would be the smart thing to do.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    You are probably right on that gaby
    i just know he's in court tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by cindyo View Post
    Contacted KXAN station( thanks richp) this morning and Austin Texas FB page. already had done Associted press, Instagram( aruba sites), forums, hotel FB pages, associated press writer in San Juan who wrote article ....

We're still plugging !!

Hats off to the Renaissance Timeshare owners group who rallied around this along with the great people here. Thank you!!
    I'm not done yet plugging , sorry if I'm driving you crazy...

TOMORROW is TRIAL DAY FOR Mr Maxwell
    Hi Cindy

i just sent Rob a medical update. Not good. Let me know if you want me to send directly to you

john

He has a lawyer and is claiming no memory of recollection of this sick event

THE TRAGEDY CONTINUES....
    This note from John is sad and sobering. I had been hopeful that this poor woman was on the mend. Read on.....

15 mins ago, Grace's good friend and cab driver stopped in with a report. It is not good.

Her nose is so badly broken she has continual bleeding making it impossible to eat.
    She has vision in one eye. Prognosis for other eye is unknown.
    Of more serious concern are the ribs. She has internal bleeding and they are operating to draw off blood. Great concern as she now has blood in the lungs.

The Doctors are not hopeful of any quick recovery. I wish I had a better update.

My friend tells me that she broke down crying when told of the campaign to assist her.
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    unfortunately for the defendant, that defense doesn't usually work all that well, at least in the USA. Its very hard to get off with that defense. Jurors don't usually buy it unless there were numerous throughout the defendant's life of black outs, one time black outs don't usually cut it. And I've yet to see a black out due to drugs or alcohol Of course I don't know Aruba's jury system.

Prayers to Grace, keep us posted, Rob or John.

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    It's not a trial date, he will just be seen in court and the judge will rule to extend his detention as the investigation is ongoing. According to Aruban law, he can be held up to three months in detention. There is no jury either. A judge or a panel of three judges will decide during a trial what the sentencing will be.

So sorry to hear that Grace's condition is so serious. The broken rips always worried me. It's very painful and takes a long time to heal. Blood in her lungs does not sound good. I will continue to keep Grace in my thoughts and prayers.

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Regarding his "I cannot remember anything" defense: IMO, it all comes down how believable his story is, what other people witnessed. I hope that his blood was taken when he was detained to determine how much alcohol he actually had in his system and to be able to make a toxicology test to see if he had any drugs (cocaine, marijuana, medical drugs etc) in his system.

Grace is one of the main witnesses and I would think the police took her statement already. Did he appear to be like a regular tourists who had a drink and she accepted to give him a ride? If he would have appeared to be "out of it" and acted aggressive and irritated right away, she could have refused to drive him downtown. The judge/judges can already see how his story holds up or not.

Other important witnesses are his colleagues who spent that evening with him. And the people who encountered him that night, like wait staff etc.

If he claims he has some mental problems, family issues etc, he has to prove it. IMO, it's possible that his employer will have to give a statement. Did he function in his job? After all, he was one of the 30 employees who got rewarded with the trip to Aruba.

Just some thoughts.

The fund is growing nicely. Keep up the pace...!

www.gofundme.com/2wmzhsb8
    TRIP 15 OCTOBER 2018

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY THROUGH http://www.thepearlaruba.com/.

Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast