Aruba Beach
Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
Like Tree375Likes

Thread: Female Taxi Driver Assaulted

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    A freaking large derailment happened when that thread was shut
    And folks, that's why Rob and I are extremely emotional about this.

Quote Originally Posted by act1966 View Post
    Intentions are like trains: even the good ones get derailed sometimes.
    Last edited by cindyo; 02-25-2016 at 11:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hatteras View Post
    A female taxi driver was severly beaten by an American tourist recently. I've gotten some conflicting information. I originally heard it was by two males, and then I heard that it was by one male. I also heard that he (or they) escaped back to the US and then I heard that he had been captured. He apparently beat her up and then car jacked her. She is in very bad condition. So sad. I'm sure that this has made all of the other female drivers very nervous.

In case anyone is unsure what this thread is about - here is the first post and here is the link to the Gofundme page for those who wish to donate. https://www.gofundme.com/2wmzhsb8 Remember this is in Canadian dollars.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Okay everybody... let's take a deep breath and remember what this forum is about. Although some of us are very passionate about the horrific attack on Grace, this is not the place to get so upset and rant. Yes it happened in Aruba, but other things happen in Aruba that we probably never hear about, especially since we are not locals and living full time on the island. So let's get back to sharing our trips, places to eat, airline fares, pictures and the usual things we like or gripe about.

Aruba since 1979
    on track with the news of grace, the taxi driver and on track with the go fund me information.

please, let's all keep on topic of grace and the go fund me.
    Quote Originally Posted by cindyo View Post
    on track with what Jacki?
    no one was EVER ATTACKED, except Grace.....

I please ask everyone for civility in discussing this. I have been working here on the Island with a large potential donor I made a written submission to them yesterday to assist the gofundme campaign. In the submission I included reference to this forum and the links. I am hoping that what has transpired with some of the comments will not lead to them backing away. Prior to those comments this entity was prepared to participate I just hope we haven't lost them

aquaman- its all about Grace so I am hoping the donor will see that and still want to help her out. Nice work.

Ok Here is the latest. Tonight I spoke with Grace and will visit with her and her husband tomorrow. She is at home. She is being treated for extreme pain but starting to di OK. The person who did this to her has written A 10 page letter of apology which Grace did not accept and referred to her lawyer. He is in solitary confinement and since he is deemed a dangerous offender he is not a allowed outside for air or exercise.

Today at she read all the messages from donors and wishes to say thank you and "God Blesss to all" for the kind words.

The funds that were raised will in part be used to help her in her home and to get treatment not covered here

Grace is truly appreciative of all the help

Thanks everyone for the generous support

Aruba since 1979
    so, since he wrote a 10 page letter of apology..............this could be used against him in court.
    i am glad that mrs angela, referred it to her attorney.

now what? will he go to trial?

i find his actions sickening and horrific, i hope that he is punished to the full extent of aruban law and hopefully gets some much needed help with what i can assume are huge psychiatric issues.

Andrea, when I get more accurate info I will post. All I can say is that both Grace and her husband are in awe at what has been done for them. They are quiet and unassuming people They are deeply religious. They represent those truly nice Aruban people that all of us get to meet.

Thank you so much for the update! I truly appreciate it!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast