Aruba Beach
Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Like Tree375Likes

Thread: Female Taxi Driver Assaulted

There are drugs out there that make "normal" people flat out crazy. The bath salt drugs etc... I am sure he has some excuse but there is nothing that excuses those actions and I am hoping he rots in his jail cell for a long time. That said, the criminal system in Aruba differs greatly from ours and instead of possible spending years in jail, he won't spend much time at all is my guess, it will be measured in months not years.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4ever View Post
    There are drugs out there that make "normal" people flat out crazy. The bath salt drugs etc... I am sure he has some excuse but there is nothing that excuses those actions and I am hoping he rots in his jail cell for a long time. That said, the criminal system in Aruba differs greatly from ours and instead of possible spending years in jail, he won't spend much time at all is my guess, it will be measured in months not years.
    And if he does walk away with a few months then she remains the victim. As I said maybe this would be the ideal time to show how Americans really feel about their Aruban hosts and consider. Crowd funding to assist her

The more I think about the situation the angrier I get. It could have been one of our moms, or grandmas back in the states this animal attacked. This women was out trying to earn a living at 70 years old and this FREAK does unspeakable things to her....

I think an account to help with her bills and to replace her lost income is a great idea, and you could count me in as a donor.

Andrea........under the forums rules could we setup and then publicize the crowdfunding site?

https://www.gofundme.com/2wmzhsb8
    see above link to the go fund me program for Grace.
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 02-06-2016 at 06:14 PM.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Maybe if all the forums/ FB pages got out there and did it they could really help her out.
    if someone sets it up I'm sure it would gain great momentum
    Im in

Has anyone got experience in doing this? I have never set one up. I believe this is an excellent cause and not only will it help her but it will also show that we, their guests, are really concerned and want to help and not just take from their island and hospitality

aquaman- Your name always makes me smile. One of the nicer guys at the ritz is called "aquaman" man his fellow staff members and now refers to himself that way as well. Aquaman is a bigger guy that sweats in the heat = aquaman, lol. He is a super nice guy, I actually forget his real name but I think its Gregory.

Ha! There is a long and funny story behind the name Aquaman. As you can imagine it involves water.........lots of water. It is actually a very funny story. Maybe one day

Quote Originally Posted by aquaman View Post
    Has anyone got experience in doing this? I have never set one up. I believe this is an excellent cause and not only will it help her but it will also show that we, their guests, are really concerned and want to help and not just take from their island and hospitality
    "Paypal for Personal Fundraising" option.

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/fundraising

Would have to contact the victim I suppose, and have dentations go directly to her only?
    Last edited by __steve__; 02-03-2016 at 06:28 PM.

He beat her badly, ran her over with the cab.

Smashed two other cars, thank god, some locals helped her..

One thing for certain, guarantee she knows people in that prison.....

She needs financial help, maybe this forum could help her, maybe with Andrea handling the funds...

Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast