Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Finally Karma strikes for my Aruba situation

Krama is great... what goes around will come around and bite ya right back
    Last edited by brady bear; 04-28-2016 at 07:32 PM.

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Today, Diario reported about the incident as well:

Polis a detene abogado Gabri de Hoogd pa Hit and Run

Publication: Thursday, 28 April 2016. Categoria: Policial

http://www.diario.aw/2016/04/polis-a...a-hit-and-run/

Quote Originally Posted by lizzardo View Post
    Yup - we were in crisis w/ my mom and dad and our realtor assured us that she checked
    his background and would be a good tenant because he was a professional. Didn't say
    anything bad about him. Didn't say anything about how Aruba renter's law was.
    Just looking for the money and never replied to me again. Maybe once or
    twice with incredibly low offers on the house because he was there.
    Rigged? I think so.

By the way my house is for sale - i'll be posting that soon
    Liz, I think you owe it to the forum members to explain the profession of the real estate lady's husband. No names mentioned but I think then the link and reference checking will be understood

Quote Originally Posted by CK1 View Post
    Today, Diario reported about the incident as well:

Polis a detene abogado Gabri de Hoogd pa Hit and Run

Publication: Thursday, 28 April 2016. Categoria: Policial

http://www.diario.aw/2016/04/polis-a...a-hit-and-run/
    Anyone notice a similarity to Richard Millhouse Nixon. Uncanny the 3rd pic

CK1
    Quote Originally Posted by aquaman View Post
    Anyone notice a similarity to Richard Millhouse Nixon. Uncanny the 3rd pic
    Now, as you said it: YES!!! LOL

CK1
    The hit-and-run case might be the slightest of this problems. I just came across this article:

Google translation:

Dutch lawyer commits perjury in Aruba Airlines quarrel

Sonny Motké

February 19, 2016 at 15:04

Aruba Airlines airline has to deal with financial turmoil and feuding captains. A judge has now ruled that director Onno de Swart made a breach of a relevant tax lawyer, who is still entitled to nearly fifty thousand dollars.

Goings on in the Antilles: Aruba Airlines has established in Oranjestad urgently need $ 6.3 million to stay alive. But the company has to deal simultaneously with a management which goes quickly down the street.

The struggle for power is so intense that the management is put on non-active on the court order. CEO Onno de Swart and CEO Esteban Valles have a "profound disagreement" about the future direction of the ailing airline.

A brand new award, owned Quote, shows that the Aruban snake pit goes even deeper. The court in Aruba Wednesday a judgment passed on a long argument between Onno de Swart and Geoffrey Weaver, a tax lawyer active on the island.

'Artful raised smokescreen'

It appears that the bands still have money credit of De Swart, who has wrongly that Aruba Airlines shares 'not' be transferred to, in succession, a trust company and a company called Seastar Holding. From a supplied 'share purchase agreement' is to make the Seastar has paid nearly half a million dollars for ninety percent of the Aruba Airlines shares.

The court comes to the conclusion that the Swarts proposition "sufficient basis" fog and there is a 'cunning smokescreen erected or spurious "that the sale was disguised. From a shareholder diagram it can be seen how complex the relationships are in Aruba Airlines. It appears that De Swart majority shareholder of the Aruba Dream Private Foundation, which again owns Seastar. In short: De Swart sold the shares to himself.

"Contrary to the truth '

The remaining ten percent of Aruba Airlines is owned by the Hoogd Gabri, a past discredited lawyer played a remarkable role in this case. He testified under oath in court that the Swarts version knocked the share sale. Now it is certain that this is incorrect, the court concludes that the Hoogd 'repeatedly declared contrary to the truth [has]. " This is called perjury.
    The Hoogd Should this be prosecuted, he can be put out of his office.

The only winner in this thorny issue seems to listen to provisionally named Geoffrey Weaver. He claimed the verdict right to ten percent of the share sale, which translated represents a sloppy € 43,000.

See also: Aruban judge is considering charges against Dutch lawyer

http://www.quotenet.nl/Nieuws/Nederl...s-ruzie-174051

CK1
    Google Translation:

Aruban judge deliberates on a case against Dutch lawyer

Sonny Motké

February 25, 2016 at 11:53

The ups and downs of the ailing Aruba Airlines and its feuding drivers persist. In the Antilles raging court battle over who is the boss in the airline.The court examines whether a declaration is made against a lawyer who stated under oath "repeatedly in conflict with the truth."

It is the case for the Hoogd Gabri, a counselor who has a private interest of ten percent in Aruba Airlines airline. He declared under oath that the remaining ninety percent of the shares 'not' be transferred to a company called Seastar Holding.

The share issue is the subject of litigation between the recently inactive periodically Aruba Airlines director Onno de Swart and a tax lawyer named Geoffrey Weaver. Last week the judge pronounced Weaver is entitled to a compensation of the equivalent of € 43,000 since been sold under a share purchase agreement 'shares for an amount of nearly half a million dollars.

Despite the ruling Hoogd holds the full that's right his version of the story, and he does not violate declared the truth. "And I stand by. If I had to explain again, I did exactly that, "he says in the Antillean newspaper Daily Herald.

Meanwhile performs the Aruban court consideration of a complaint against the Hoogd perjury. The lawyer defends himself by saying that "there is need for more." This means the Hoogd that there must be a deliberate traveled false declaration. He also indicates that Onno de Swart has appealed against the verdict. In short: to be continued.

http://www.quotenet.nl/Nieuws/Arubaa...dvocaat-174308

OMG I am just blown away!!! I just hope I can sell the house to someone who will love it as much
    as I do and later we can find a smaller house (but it will never be as nice as this one!)

Thanks for all the support! You guys rule!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12