Aruba Beach
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Like Tree83Likes

Thread: FIRE....Tracey D's Dad and Mom , lost their home

Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    Thank you all for the good thoughts and prayers. My parents got a house in their same neighborhood. It had been for sale for a while and the owners decided to take it off the market to rent it to them. They will be moving in this week and getting some normalcy back so they can start rebuilding their life.
    Great News !!!

So many friends and family have really come together and it's really the little things. Special thank you to Andrea, too! If this ever happens in your neighborhood or to a friend, I have to say little things like an invitation to dinner, a gift card, clothing that you know is their size/style, all of these things can really go a long way.

I've also been battling a kidney stone the last few days and have not been able to get down there this weekend. Two trips to the ER and a minor surgery later, I am on the mend, but really hate not being there to help. That reminds me, no one should ever ever ever travel without trip insurance to cover medical. I am reasonably healthy but this kidney stone stopped me in my tracks. I can't imagine having one of these on vacation because I had no choice but to go to the hospital.

I need a Manchito!

Wow Tracey, you have had so much on your plate! Glad to hear you are on the mend.

Sorry Tracey, glad you are on the mend.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

I am truly glad that your parents have found a new home and that their community has stepped up to support them. Just knowing that you are not alone can make all the difference.

Take care of yourself, and I do hope you feel better quickly. Stones are no joke!

Glad your parents and their friend on heading forward.
    Take care of yourself ... kidney stones are not fun and painful. Plenty of fluids... "water" haha.
    Try 100% cranberry caps. too.
    Prayers continues for all of ya.

I am so happy to hear things are coming together for your parents. I know it is a worry for you. I hope you get feeling better. Kidney stones are very painful I hear and does really knock you for a loop. Yes, I agree you should not travel without insurance. I will be thinking of you. Take care of yourself.

I am sorry to hear about your parent's home. I glad to hear they and their pets are well and they found a place to stay. I hope you feel better soon.

Great to hear that they'll have a place to call home.

Good luck with the stones. Very painful for sure.

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY THROUGH http://www.thepearlaruba.com/.

Thanks everyone. I've always heard stones are unbearable, and it's so true. Mine is pretty big and stubborn, so I will be having a minor outpatient surgery on Tuesday to get rid of it. I will just be happy when it's all over. The hardest thing is wanting to be able to help my parents get settled but just not being physically able to.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast