Aruba Beach
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Like Tree83Likes

Thread: FIRE....Tracey D's Dad and Mom , lost their home

Well surgery is not what you wanted! I am sorry that you need the procedure, and send you well wishes! I do hope that the procedure relieves you of the pain you have been suffereing.

Good luck tomorrow with your procedure. Hope all goes well .

Good luck Tracey!

Feeling well enough to make the ride to parents rental house today, finally. I had some donations to get down to them and I really just needed to see for myself that they are settling in. Someone gave them a wok so they are having fun seeing how many different types of food they can cook in a wok. The funniest one to me so far was they did a pot roast in it. All jokes aside though, they are in a nice, safe, and comfortable home and we were looking at some options for plans for their new house and they seem to be excited about it. Of course there are good days and bad and every once in a while They remember something else that they have lost. It's an emotional roller coaster, but all in all they are taking things in stride and doing well.
    My dad said so many people have asked what they can do and his response now is "appreciate your first responders and consider making a donation to your local volunteer fire department or auxiliary." Even though no one was home during their fire, the first crew on site did not know that and went into the fire to clear the house of occupants.
    Last edited by Traceyd14; 08-13-2017 at 06:04 AM.

Aruba since 1979
    please relay our good wishes and kind thoughts to them!!!

I am so glad they are doing well. This kind of tragedy can send people onto a downward spiral , or it can be the impetus to show your strength. You parents are strong.

Your Dad is right. Our first responders are the lifeline between safety and disaster. I am fortunate to live in a small town so when our police department was challenged, we stepped up and fought to make the changes they, and the rest of the first responders in town needed in order to keep them safe. For me, they are my heroes.

Sounds like their spirits are doing well. Continued well wishes!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567