Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: "fish balls"

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    71

    "fish balls"

    yeah ommi, and include me since i created the fishballs idea, hahahaha.
    quick synopsis... went to old fisherman for dinner several years ago and they had little fish cakes (i think they were called nathan's fish cakes' on the menu as a main course. i was afraid to order it as a main course in case it was horrible. i asked if they could make them as an appetizer. out came these wonderful little fish balls. amazing taste to them. awesome balls!

    so, ommi heard about it and demanded a taste test. out came these gigantic balls. omg were they big! i mean not just big but tasty. delish and amazing.

    we still have a challenge out there for a taste test between restaurants, don't we?
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 02-14-2011 at 07:37 PM.

  2. #2
    CK1
    CK1 is offline
    Senior Member CK1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Posts
    2,285
    I'm almost afraid to ask. But: Is there a picture of "Ommi's fish balls"?

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    71
    unfortunately, no there isn't. they were so yummy, they were eaten right away.

    Quote Originally Posted by CK1 View Post
    I'm almost afraid to ask. But: Is there a picture of "Ommi's fish balls"?

  4. #4
    CK1
    CK1 is offline
    Senior Member CK1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Posts
    2,285
    Quote Originally Posted by sherryf View Post
    unfortunately, no there isn't. they were so yummy, they were eaten right away.
    Aww, too bad. I was hoping they were part of the menu under "Specials" and I could try them someday.

    Where to find fish balls?


  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    71
    i will not touch the answer to that, lol. i would hate to be banned, hahahahah.

    honestly, ommi created this wonderful crispy fish balls. i swear they were each at least 4 oz. i don't think they are on the menu although you can never tell what ommi will create.

    if you need a place that has them on the menu, they are known as fish cakes at old fisherman. it has always been one of our favorite restaurants.

    Quote Originally Posted by CK1 View Post
    Aww, too bad. I was hoping they were part of the menu under "Specials" and I could try them someday.

    Where to find fish balls?


  6. #6
    CK1
    CK1 is offline
    Senior Member CK1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Posts
    2,285
    Quote Originally Posted by sherryf View Post
    i will not touch the answer to that, lol. i would hate to be banned, hahahahah.

    honestly, ommi created this wonderful crispy fish balls. i swear they were each at least 4 oz. i don't think they are on the menu although you can never tell what ommi will create.

    if you need a place that has them on the menu, they are known as fish cakes at old fisherman. it has always been one of our favorite restaurants.
    LOL! OK, we will not touch "it"!

    Maybe on day Ommi can be pursued to have a "Fish Ball Night", just for the ladies!

    In the meantime, we have old fisherman. Never was there. Another good reason to try them out.

  7. #7
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    29,908
    felt i had to move this to "off topic"

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    30
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    felt i had to move this to "off topic"
    Yes Andrea, this can get way off topic. Lol!!!

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    30
    Quote Originally Posted by CK1 View Post
    LOL! OK, we will not touch "it"!

    Maybe on day Ommi can be pursued to have a "Fish Ball Night", just for the ladies!

    In the meantime, we have old fisherman. Never was there. Another good reason to try them out.
    CK1, you've read my mind. We can have a Ladies night with live music and lots of fish balls for all the ladies.
    Last edited by Ommi; 02-17-2011 at 11:36 AM.

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    30
    Quote Originally Posted by sherryf View Post
    yeah ommi, and include me since i created the fishballs idea, hahahaha.
    quick synopsis... went to old fisherman for dinner several years ago and they had little fish cakes (i think they were called nathan's fish cakes' on the menu as a main course. i was afraid to order it as a main course in case it was horrible. i asked if they could make them as an appetizer. out came these wonderful little fish balls. amazing taste to them. awesome balls!

    so, ommi heard about it and demanded a taste test. out came these gigantic balls. omg were they big! i mean not just big but tasty. delish and amazing.

    we still have a challenge out there for a taste test between restaurants, don't we?
    Yes Sherry, since you started the whole fish balls idea it was only fare for you to start a thread about who has the best fish balls.
    Last edited by Ommi; 02-17-2011 at 11:38 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO