Aruba Beach
Like Tree8Likes
  • 7 Post By rob o
  • 1 Post By Andrea J.

Thread: This Forum - A Great Aruba Resource

This Forum - A Great Aruba Resource

I’ve been a member of this Forum for over four years and have gone to Aruba at least once per year since 1997. I participate in the Forum to have fun, to get information and to share what I know about Aruba.
    The moderators of this site do a wonderful job. They can speak for themselves, but I assume that they do it because they’re passionate about Aruba. I am not a moderator, nor would I ever want to be. I could never donate the time and energy it requires, and I also recognize that I don’t have the right personality for it. With that said, I want to share my own opinion of some posts and threads that I’ve seen recently. I want to emphasize that these are my personal opinions only, nothing more.
    It seems as though there are some members (fortunately a minority of them) who use this site for their own personal gain (business). Unfortunately, at times this has gone overboard. Even worse, sometimes it has morphed into a battle of competitors with critiques passing back and forth. I often wonder if some of the posters are “for real” or if they’re posting made up, inaccurate stories to either criticize a competitor, or advertise themselves. Again, this is just my opinion, but I find there have been some suspicious posts.
    Aruba is better than this. In my many visits to Aruba, with rare exception, I have found friendly, cooperative and helpful individuals. I would like to think that active members of this Forum are an extension of that! As such, we need to do the best we can to be unbiased and accurate in what we post, or run the risk that the Forum will lose its credibility.
    Again….just my opinion.
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Aruba since 1979
    lisa and i are most appreciative of your kind words.

the aruba tourism authority is aware of the difficulties in certain categories and have been actively evaluating the situation, the rules, and trying to be methodical and thorough in the revamp, that is, if there is to be a revamp in the category of which you speak. the ata is trying to come up with a fair and equitable solution.

i urge all to be patient.
    i urge all to continue to share and participate.

again, thank you for your kind words.

andrea james

Quote Originally Posted by rob o View Post
    I’ve been a member of this Forum for over four years and have gone to Aruba at least once per year since 1997. I participate in the Forum to have fun, to get information and to share what I know about Aruba.

The moderators of this site do a wonderful job. They can speak for themselves, but I assume that they do it because they’re passionate about Aruba. I am not a moderator, nor would I ever want to be. I could never donate the time and energy it requires, and I also recognize that I don’t have the right personality for it. With that said, I want to share my own opinion of some posts and threads that I’ve seen recently. I want to emphasize that these are my personal opinions only, nothing more.
    It seems as though there are some members (fortunately a minority of them) who use this site for their own personal gain (business). Unfortunately, at times this has gone overboard. Even worse, sometimes it has morphed into a battle of competitors with critiques passing back and forth. I often wonder if some of the posters are “for real” or if they’re posting made up, inaccurate stories to either criticize a competitor, or advertise themselves. Again, this is just my opinion, but I find there have been some suspicious posts.
    Aruba is better than this. In my many visits to Aruba, with rare exception, I have found friendly, cooperative and helpful individuals. I would like to think that active members of this Forum are an extension of that! As such, we need to do the best we can to be unbiased and accurate in what we post, or run the risk that the Forum will lose its credibility.
    Again….just my opinion.
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 07-21-2012 at 09:30 AM.