Aruba Beach
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: forum member CORONA needs your Prayers or Positive thoughts

Positive thoughts out

May you have a speedy recovery.

Adding my prayers for speedy recovery, strength and support.

Thank you all again for your continued support, well wishes, and prayers. We are both humbled. We've already experienced so many blessings. Rick was having a particularly tough time on Thurs with some stroke related issues, and our minister stopped by to see him and bring him communion. He couldn't come to our room (I'm staying with him at the rehab hospital), because Rick couldn't see anyone just at that time, but he, nor my in laws, who were there didn't know that there was any problem, only that Rick was busy. Our minister had a meeting to attend, but patiently waited in the waiting area with my in laws. He easily could have left and come back later, but for some reason, he felt the need to stay, and miss his appointment. Of all we've been through over the last couple of weeks, Rick needed to see our minister most at that moment. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw him walk into the room. My in laws and I left to give them privacy. I can't but believe God put our minister with my husband just when he needed him most.

As for his physical rehabilitation, he had a real breakthrough today. Laying on his back with his *temporarily* paralyzed leg pulled up, he was able to push it forward to straight out, and I was with him to see it happen. I was beyond excited.

I'll update again in a few days.
    No Shirt, No Shoes, No Problem
    Next Aruba trip in
    Loving Aruba Since Honeymoon 1984

Even tiny accomplishments will be huge breakthroughs!

If Rick has a "cheering section" let him hear us all ROAR!

So glad your posting to keep us all informed....Prayers and thoughts are with you both..

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

Aruba since 1979
    thanks for the update
    paul and i send our prayers and good wishes

we sent a card off to rick on friday

cyberhugs and real prayers
    Quote Originally Posted by corona View Post
    Thank you all again for your continued support, well wishes, and prayers. We are both humbled. We've already experienced so many blessings. Rick was having a particularly tough time on Thurs with some stroke related issues, and our minister stopped by to see him and bring him communion. He couldn't come to our room (I'm staying with him at the rehab hospital), because Rick couldn't see anyone just at that time, but he, nor my in laws, who were there didn't know that there was any problem, only that Rick was busy. Our minister had a meeting to attend, but patiently waited in the waiting area with my in laws. He easily could have left and come back later, but for some reason, he felt the need to stay, and miss his appointment. Of all we've been through over the last couple of weeks, Rick needed to see our minister most at that moment. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw him walk into the room. My in laws and I left to give them privacy. I can't but believe God put our minister with my husband just when he needed him most.

As for his physical rehabilitation, he had a real breakthrough today. Laying on his back with his *temporarily* paralyzed leg pulled up, he was able to push it forward to straight out, and I was with him to see it happen. I was beyond excited.

I'll update again in a few days.

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    Thanks for keeping us all updated and hope Rick continues to be strong and make many more steps towards his recovery. Positive thoughts for your entire family.

All the best to you and your family.

Aruba since 1979
    hey there rick and kellie
    hoping physical therapy and occupational therapy (aka torture) is progressing well.
    you both are in our thoughts and prayers

please drop us a note on rick's recovery when you get a chance.

i had to move this to off topic

Progress seems unbearably slow, but if we look back to even a week ago, Rick's doing so much better. Most of the movement in his leg is from the hip, but we're feeling more muscle tension in his legs as he purposely contracts his muscles. Still not a lot with his arm, but that was expected to come later. He's off the thicken liquids now that his throat paralysis has subsided. That was a big step because Rick hated the stuff, and he has always been a big water drinker. We're looking at possibly a few more weeks in inpatient rehab, although as you might imagine, Rick would like to go home yesterday. With the help of a sling, since his left arm has no movement (he does have feeling though), he was able to take 11 steps using parallel bars as support. Those steps are using hip action, but that's a start, and will hopefully make make new pathways in the brain that he needs to use that left leg to walk. Mark Kirk, the senator from IL, started walking the same way after having a stroke due to a dissection of an artery in his neck, the same as Rick, a year ago. They're also the same age. His story sounds much like my husband's, except I believe his was more serious as he was in a medically induced coma, and had two or three surgeries following his stroke.

Again thank you so much for your continued support and prayers! And Andrea, Rick really appreciated the card you sent. It meant a lot to him. He wanted everyone to see it (his parents, nurses, etc).

His plan now is to get well enough that we're able to visit Aruba this summer when our boys are also available to go with us. I think it's a wonderful goal. We may have to adjust it, but he's such a strong and determined man, I won't rule it out.
    No Shirt, No Shoes, No Problem
    Next Aruba trip in
    Loving Aruba Since Honeymoon 1984

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast