Aruba Beach
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Arubalisa
  • 1 Post By Arubalisa

Thread: Frontier Airlines new fees for soda, etc.

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock

Frontier Airlines new fees for soda, etc.

On this mornings news I heard Frontier Airlines will now charge $1.99 for a "cup" of soda, coffee, juice etc. Can you believe this? Coffee refills will be free however, how nice of them (lol)....Also if your ticket is not booked directly thru Frontier Air you will be charged anywhere between $25 and $100 for your "carry-on-bag" for use of the overhead bin. If your bag fits under the seat you are ok. What will airlines start charging next? Sorry, just had to laugh and share this crazy news. I always find it funny on flights to Aruba (not Frontier) we get a "cup" of soda and not the whole can! Really, can they not afford to give us a whole can of soda for a 4 hr flight? Oh well....just a matter of time before you will have to pay to use the little girls or boy rooms

Exactly the reason why many people choose not to fly airlines such as Spirit and now Frontier. But there are always going to be people who will go for the bargain first before any other comfort. It is all a matter of priorities.

Personally on long trips like Aruba we bring our own snacks and sandwiches. We also purchase our own beverages in the terminal before boarding so our thirst is not held hostage by flight attendants.

Aruba since 1979
    since this is not aruba related, i moved it to off topic

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    thanks for moving Andrea someday I will remember correct thread (lol)....I agee Lisa I always bring snacks in my carry on just in case but find I usually don't touch them until I'm having a snack attack on the beach :-) always good to be prepared just in case.

Quote Originally Posted by DiviDiviFan View Post
    thanks for moving Andrea someday I will remember correct thread (lol)....I agee Lisa I always bring snacks in my carry on just in case but find I usually don't touch them until I'm having a snack attack on the beach :-) always good to be prepared just in case.
    Our dd has been known to keep forgotten sandwiches in her carry-on until it is time to pack to come home.

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    held hostage by flight attendants.
    It's not their fault, it's the bean counters.

Quote Originally Posted by PawPaw View Post
    It's not their fault, it's the bean counters.
    No I realize that , I should have said, "their timetable". Beverage service is always as soon as they have reached altitude if there is no turbulence. However sometimes they come through a second time and sometimes they do not. In those cases you never see them again except to pick up trash.