Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Good beach reads?

Thanks for the link Gaby. Looks like I'll have No problem loading up. The funny thing is I worked in publishing for over 30 years and never had time to read now I have plenty of time to relax and read but I still find myself distracted by bad page breaks or fonts.

Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum books are super easy reading and fun.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Two books I couldn't put down

1. Me before you
    2. The Girl on the Train

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    Peg, alot of the books do have grammer and typo errors and some of the reviews talk about that. but to be honest with you, it doesn't bother me. I'm reading for enjoyment, not to give a grade. but I have some great authors. maybe they didn't have editors but the book was free and if it was terrible, hit the delete button. one thing I always do before I download. I check the reviews only from "verified purchase" because some of the reviewers are given copies to review from the author. I read only the 2 & 3 star reviews. nobody, including the famous authors like Patterson, etc, deserve 5 stars, I'm always suspect. but if its all five stars from "verified purchase", then I figure why not, lol. ENJOY!!

If you're looking for something light and funny and if you like Joan Rivers, Melissa Rivers just published "The Book of Joan."

I'm reading my first James Patterson book now. The Beach House and my daughter is reading The Beach Road by him. Half way thru and I'm not sure what I think yet. Def not the easy fun beach read I was hoping for.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Aruba since 1979
    i am still pushing audiobooks.
    they are pretty awesome for beach "reading-listening"
    throw in the earbuds, listen and keep your eyes focused on beach goings on.

at home, audiobooks do not cut it for me.

Peg (and anyone else of course), try this site www.bookbub.com. Fill out your interests and they will send you an email everyday with a sampling of books to select from. A lot are free and are great reading. They feature series by the same authors, and you can set a watch for certain authors/series. I have my Kindle Fire loaded up and ready to go... now if I can just last 12 more days

Walt, thanks for the link. You gotta love free!

I have found many new authors through the kindle free books. Some of my favorite authors now will write their books in a series, make the first book free and then hook you in so you buy the rest in the series.

My reading- Christian authors- Janette Oke, Autumn Macarthur, Camille Eide, Michael Landon Jr. and Cindy Kelley (Mercy Medallion Series) as well as Sherryl Woods and Debbie Macomber. Sherryl Woods Chesapeake Shores is my new favorite series.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast