Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Good news/Bad news

Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    I thought the change fee for international on Delta said it was $250, either way it is worth a phone call. I am probably going to wait a few weeks to cancel anything just to make sure we dont' have any hiccups with the home inspection or financing or anything unexpected.
    Looks like they may have changed it

"Change Fees Based on the fare rules, you may have to pay a service fee and/or a difference in fare. For travel within the 50 United States, the fee is $150 for Delta flights.
    For travel outside the United States, the change fee is typically $250, but can vary based on location and type of fare. Changes are usually permitted only to the return portion of an international itinerary."

I know when we changed in 2009 it was only $150

When things are meant to be, they really are meant to be. Some of you may have seen a recent post about our airline changing the flight times and shortening up our layover to an unrealistic connection. Well, I requested a refund based on the fact that this change by the airline would require an overnight layover and the schedule no longer meets our needs. I submitted the refund request online thinking it was a long shot and not really wanting to go through customer service hoops. I got an email today that they have processed the full refund and will be seeing a credit sometime soon. I am wondering if it could be partially due to the flight being pretty much sold out, maybe even overbooked, based on the seating chart only , I have no facts to back that up. It just seemed too easy. I really was expecting an automated denial.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    I am wondering if it could be partially due to the flight being pretty much sold out, maybe even overbooked, based on the seating chart only , I have no facts to back that up. It just seemed too easy. I really was expecting an automated denial.
    That is terrific that it worked out that way!

I don't know which airline you are referring to but unfortunately you cannot necessarily go by the seating chart anymore. I know on Delta, because we sometimes have to book our family as 1 adult and a child and then separate reservation for 1 adult, that they will show totally different seating availability for each reservation.

Imo, it is hard to guess too due to the fact that Medallion members and Frequent Fliers are getting moved around due to upgrades whether it be to Economy Comfort or Business Class. Once someone gets bumped up the the "front of the plane", it makes more seats available in the back of the plane.

WOW...great! Any news on the house? Is it a 'given'?? Very exciting!

Quote Originally Posted by elisabeth_nj View Post
    WOW...great! Any news on the house? Is it a 'given'?? Very exciting!
    Things with the house are moving along nicely. We had the home inspection today and it's in really good shape. Now we are just waiting for the appraisal which we expect to go smoothly. Closing is tentatively scheduled for Dec 6th

Congrats!!! Appraisals are coming in right on target these days. I work for a Real Estate Attorney and just went thru it myself 4 months ago. Bought a great house!!! My son and DIL just closed on their first house yesterday. My husbands been painting all week (they let them in early)...make sure you take pics so we can see

Quote Originally Posted by elisabeth_nj View Post
    Congrats!!! Appraisals are coming in right on target these days. I work for a Real Estate Attorney and just went thru it myself 4 months ago. Bought a great house!!! My son and DIL just closed on their first house yesterday. My husbands been painting all week (they let them in early)...make sure you take pics so we can see
    Thanks for the positive vibes! A similar house in the same neighborhood recently sold for a little higher price and my realtor says other comps in the general are selling at or above our price so we should be fine.
    I need to learn some diy home skills, including painting. The previous owner was an artist and the 1/2 bathrooms have his paintings on the wall which are interesting, but I think we will go ahead and paint over the naked lady...lol. It is tasteful, but a naked lady nonetheless

Watch HGTV...I have that on 24/7. Love it. Things you just would never think of they do and usually on a budget!!

Ideas

I think I found a great photo poster that we will be hanging somewhere, maybe our foyer?

**artist Bill Bachmann. Not for advertising purposes, just don't want to violate any copyright there may be.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Good news/Bad news-lone-divi-divi-tree-sunset-aruba.jpg  

We began collecting Aruban artwork while on our honeymoon (in Aruba). 15 years and many Aruba trips later, our entire home including bedrooms are decorated with numerous Aruba paintings and photos.

Our last trip in July my dh purchased a wall pplaque for me:

"Aruba Is Where My Heart Is"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast