Aruba Beach
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Good night Red Sox

Wait until next year.Good while it lasted.

Aruba since 1979
    even though the sox lost, it was a terrific game right thru the end.

a game of good pitching and good defense from both teams

sorry to have our hometown boys of summer lose their quest, but glad to see the rays, a team with few fans, and a crummy stadium and no real hope, do well.
    (imo)

the rays held 1st place for a long time this season and now they are in the series where they've earned their place. (imo)

so next yr for the sox and what are thoughts on jason varitek's free agent status?
    andrea
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 10-20-2008 at 11:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    the rays held 1st place for a long time this season and now they are in the series where they've earned their place. (imo)andrea
    Even more for them to be proud of in today's sporting environment of "play offs" where the guy who wins day in and day out is not necessarily on the top of the heap at the end of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    so next yr for the sox and what are thoughts on jason varitek's free agent status?
    andrea
    He made $10 mill this yr. Offer him 2 years at $6.5 mill/yr; there's nobody out there.

We can afford it...Boston fans fill the park every night. In turn, the owners invest in a good product.

Rays players deserved to win....their owners and fans (all ten of them) do not.
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Varitek's girlfriend is Hiedi Watney....he left his wife...so me thinks he will stick around to be with her...He's a great catcher, rather bad with the bat....Not many captains around anymore

Quote Originally Posted by cindyo View Post
    Varitek's girlfriend is Hiedi Watney....he left his wife...so me thinks he will stick around to be with her...He's a great catcher, rather bad with the bat....Not many captains around anymore
    Not sure if he left wife or vice versa. Jason can't hit, but he's a classy guy.....the matter has been handled with class and out of the media. Heidi showed up after the split.

For those who don't know, Heidi is the rather attractive reporter for the Sox TV network.

CindyO is right...not many captains around anymore.

WOW, had not heard that Jason left his wife or vise versa, that is too bad. Or too good however you want to look at it. No. 33 has been my favorite Red Sox player for a long time-his dedication to the game and professionalism showed me how a good team leader should be. He definately has to do some sole searching as far as his bat. As invaluable he is behind the plate, it is only 1/2 of the game. He never really was a GREAT hitter-having an average associated with most catchers, that I know of at least. Lets just hope that when he is resigned that he will look into his swing and approach for 2009. GO RED SOX!!!

Since we've been writing about Varitek, thought you might enjoy seeing a picture of my modified "lawn jockey", which has #33 (our address) on the back.

Our neighbor was throwing an old lawn jockey out, so I asked if I could have it. They said "OK" on the condition I don't put it in front of the house. I said "not to worry, you won't recognize it when I'm done".

What do you think?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Good night Red Sox-jason.jpg  

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123