Aruba Beach

Thread: Grandmother

Grandmother

Hey Arubalisa !!! How is your Grandmother doing??

I hope everything is great!!!!

Ken

Thanks for asking Ken. She is doing pretty well. Still very shakey on her feet since her fall in January, but at least it put the fear into her to use a walker. She now refers to it as a "Cadillac". It tells you know where her tastes are in life.

Dh, dd and I will be leaving the house at 5 am to brave the rush hour traffic through downtown Atlanta for a 10 hour drive to my parent's house where we will all be celebrating my grandmother's 95th birthday on Sunday. It boggles my mind to think of all of the changes in the world she has seen over the years.

Quick trip... leave Florida 4 a.m. Monday morning so dh and dd can get back to school on Tuesday.

I am very happy she is doing well, not only for her but also for your family! I do like the "Cadillac".

I had a Great Aunt pass away a couple of years ago, she was 105. We were talking one day what she had lived through, starting from a true farming, total industrial economy, electricity, radios, TVs, airplanes, space, computers, the list was enormous!!!

I do not think my list will be quite that long!!!!

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Hey Lisa, have a great trip, and drive safe... Who's doing the driving?? What a wonderful thing to have a party for a 95 yr old relative. Be safe, enjoy, to many nuts on the road. Is is tough for C to be in the car that long....it would be for anybody !!!

Thanks! We made the trip, safely with dh driving, in record time, just a little over 9 hours. C. has no trouble in the car...dvd player, mp3 player, nintendo...her own little "command center".

Lounging poolside today in peace and tranquility...C is at the beach with her uncle...family dinner tonight.