Aruba Beach
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By CK1

Thread: Green Conference Address by Former President Clinton (from Prime Minister's facebook

Aruba since 1979

Green Conference Address by Former President Clinton (from Prime Minister's facebook

https://www.facebook.com/mike.eman/v...type=2&theater

Former President Clinton on video, addresses the 6th Annual Aruba Green Conference

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    I'm all for protecting our nature and our environment.

BUT: what works? And what does not?

Theoretically, the "wind farms" sound good. Coming up with a nine, positive sounding name like "wind farm" will not do it for me. I'll call it what it is. In reality, those huge wind turbines are monstrous which are not only an eye sore but HARMFUL to people and animals. I noticed some of those "wind farms" on the hills of lush, green pastures where sheep used to graze. Now, the sheep will stay away.

Maybe sheep are smarter than a lot of our politicians!

But is it really about finding a smart solution? IMO, NO! It's about money! And the only ones who profit are the companies who build those monstrous wind turbines and the politicians who get lobbied by those companies.

ABC Islands seem to be receiving US politics lately

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    The minute I saw this video I knew that the windmill farm at Alto Vista will be built! This makes me angry and sad at the same time.

Here is a google translation from Amigoe:

Nuisance Permit regarding windmill park has been changed last month

Friday, November 6th, 2015 14:08

Oranjestad - In 2017, Aruba will be richer by a second wind farm. This enables Urirama wind farm director Henk Hutting. Justice Minister Arthur Dowers approved last month to change the existing nuisance permit regarding the park properly. The placing of stronger wind turbines is permitted. Interested parties were not personally informed about this matter. Residents may go again to object to the permit granted and start a new trial.

By our reporter

Bobby Spier

The existing nuisance permit has been changed last month by Justice Minister Dowers and now allows wind turbines 3.3 megawatts. That learned George Croes, Director of Legislation and Legal Affairs (DJWZ), the Amigoe. Hutting states that local residents and all concerned about its message have been informed, but this is not the case. Attorney Miriam Malmberg, representing the residents, says that they have to learn the news recently in the corridors of one of their colleagues. "I had heard from my fellow lawyer. It had been more correct if they had informed us, regardless of the objection letter. "Malmberg immediately contacted with DWJZ to get a copy of the decision. "But it was not done right, because we had to do this, first get permission from the management," says the lawyer. "For me that an unknown procedure and it is not transparent about. We are the concerned party who needs to get a copy. "Meanwhile, they possess the decision. "This was done on October 19, so we have until the end of November to oppose this." Also, Evelyn Wever-Croes representing a Urirama-dweller, says the news this week that they had to find out through the media. "I just read on a website, nothing the residents knew from here. Very strange and even ill. "DWJZ director Croes announced that residents must indeed receive a letter from the minister. When asked why it takes so long, he responds: "I think it's just bureaucracy, the bureaucratic mill is slow."

Lawsuit

Malmberg assumes that in addition to the existing law case on the wind turbines, a new trial again is due to the modified permit. "We're going to keep writing a draft issued against the decision, but I have no doubt that the Minister did not substantively goes on our concerns and that he is sticking to his own ideology. Then we as residents returned to the court. "Also Hutting expects a new trial. "We expect the local residents after the LAR still go to court and then to the Court." He believes that this process will take about a year. "And then we will start building in 2017," said Hutting.

Health

For amending the nuisance permit had different parties, such as DOW, Department for Technical Inspection (DTI), Department of Public Health and the Fire Department the objections of local residents keys. Based DWJZ had this issue a recommendation to the minister. Croes says he has only positive opinions of the services received. "In September, we have therefore given a positive recommendation to the Minister. I assume that all services have done their work well. DTI has the technical aspects investigated and found no objections. The fire department had no objections, there was little fire. "He does indicate that there is always a debate on public health will persist. In science, there namely no concession or living near wind turbines is bad for your health or not. "The discussion is whether it is now or not harmful to health. Eventually Public Health did not. "Directorate of Public Health, however, was on January 31, 2014 in a letter that she has no expertise on this particular topic. "Consequently, Directorate of Public Health to find more relevant information in order to provide a sound objective and well-founded advice," they wrote then. Or Directorate of Public Health now has the expertise, is at Amigoe unknown because it was not available this morning to post a comment. Wever-Croes said that as far as she knows there is still no proper health impact study prepared. "Directorate of Public Health has given a preliminary opinion in the past based on literature. But a thorough investigation has yet to be done. This is about people's health and you do not go against the health of people.

http://www.amigoe.com/aruba/216678-h...aand-gewijzigd

What strikes me as strange, Bill Clinton has done nothing but criticize Aruba throughout the years. In 1996 he publicly identified Aruba as a "drug-transit country", and on Jan 18 2006 he wanted to boycott Aruba.
    Last edited by __steve__; 08-04-2016 at 06:44 PM.

double post, I apologize.
    Last edited by __steve__; 08-04-2016 at 06:47 PM.