Aruba Beach
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: guess what its doing in jersey again!

Next week I hear it is supposed to be close to 60. I can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by arubamark View Post
    Time to go to the beach,Seaside,Pt Pleasant,or Ortley?

Mark,

can u say that again " 60 " , sounds so sweet? can't wait to put the coat away till next year

Quote Originally Posted by arubamark View Post
    Degrees or inches of snow?

Heading to Belmar or Lavalette next week for sure to take walk on the beach.

Chadd - You said the "S" word. Shame on you!

WHAT is going on with that weather up there? Saw the reports of the bad storm, but my Mom's bff in Wykcoff has been without electric power since Saturday? I would expect that here in middle of no where Georiga, but not in the real world.

Senior Member aruba here I come's Avatar
    lol the real world... way way too much rain.. some places got close to 7 inches.... yikes..... an the rivers just cant handle it.. and the wind.. yikes..
    long island and uper nj got hit the worst i think....
    we never lost power...
    arubalisa, i have family in georgia... peachtree city, hampton, not all thre life, orginally from here in jersey....
    never been there myself....

We not fun in NNJ. My home never lost power, but my daughters school is still closed. Hopefully it opens tomorrow. I lost part of my fence from a falling tree. 2 people in the town next to where I work got killed by a falling tree. This was a bad storm here!! And now, it is BEAUTIFUL out!!
    Decided to take down my timer!

Ditto - my normally 15 minute commute to/from the office has been taking over an hour! The Passaic River's banks are approx 11.5 ft and the river was expected to crest yesterday at over 13ft! Trees down everywhere - my uncle was moving into his new home on Saturday when a tree fell into his roof & smashed his car. Thankfully no one was injured...just stuff.

We never lost power, but our softball/baseball season has been postponed - all the fields are completely under water. Still crazy around here. Paterson, NJ called a State of Emergency and closed all gov't buildings, courts, police, health dept, etc.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

LOL, so at least the weather is a bit better in Jersey right now...but, I know there are some new members to the forum.

Who else is from Jersey?

Refresher on dh and myself --

I was born, raised and graduated from Clifton High School in North Jersey. I went to Fairleigh Dickinson and then followed my parents to Wall Township. They owned a restaurant and deli in Point Pleasant Beach. We spent all of our summers living with my grandparents in Mantoloking and miss the Jersey shore dearly.

My husband was born and raised in Colts Neck, graduating from Red Bank Catholic and Monmouth University. He and I met through an online personal ad but at one time lived a block away from one another in Jackson when he was still married to his first wife.

He and I married and lived in Point Pleasant and then Brick, moving out of state in 1999 for a better job opportunity and now pay A LOT LESS TAXES.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast