H1N1 vaccine and Seasonal flu vaccine

Who of you will get the h1n1 vaccine?
    Who will get the seasonal flu vaccine?

Paul will get both.
    I will get neither.

andrea

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post

VERY undecided as to it's safety. How fully has it been tested? Other parents we have spoken to have expressed the same concerns. Listen to the local news and they are all but telling parents their children HAVE to get it.

I doubt dh or I will get it, but are still considering the vaccine for dd. They are not notifying parents, but we know for a fact, there have already been cases reported in the school system.

<<Rant>> If parents kept their sick children home from school it would not be as much of an issue.
    <<off my soap box>>

Dd and I have both already received ours. Dh said he got one on the way home from work one day, but not sure He has always maintained he didn't "like" them or believe in them. Claims it may him ill one time.

I'm getting the seasonal flu vaccine - have been for about 15 years now. I'll pass on the H1N1, even if I was in the "recommended" category.

Lisa it's a good thing to get for Dd especially, hence some parents will send theirs to school as they may not have any other option?(or don't care) I have not since grade school, now pushin' 60.

Orrin....you are right on the money !!!!!
    I have been debating getting one only because I read that there have been many cases documented in Aruba....Dh will take it if I fuss since he's had pneumonia in past and that makes him more likely to get it again if he gets a bad case of the flu...
    Only problems...my doc doesn't have it yet and if it takes up to 6 weeks to actually "kick" in then I will be back from vacation before it works anyway...
    So...we will probably just get regular one and be done with it..
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

The company is offering shots but it's during the time I'm supposed to be in Aruba. I may end up just paying for it when the wife's company does their shots.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post

Paul will get both.
    I will get neither.

andrea

I am both, but I have to wait as I am not a high risk.....kids and rob just reg flu shot.
    Last edited by cindyo; 10-09-2009 at 08:26 AM. Reason: spelling

I'm trying to decide as well. Hubby has never had a flu shot (I swear he never gets sick) and I have had one once....and, of course, that was the only time I ever got the flu so now I'm gun-shy.

I'm in the high risk category for H1N1 (asthma) and my asthma doc will have that one available.

Just not sure which one to get, if any..........
    ~Amy~ - Playa del Carmen, MX: March 2017 - 34th trip to Aruba: May 2017 - Munich, Salzburg, Prague: June/July 2017 - Santa Barbara, CA wine country: Nov. 2017 - Seattle: Nov. 2017 - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018