Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: H1N1 - who's getting the vaccine?

Aruba since 1979
    neighbor's 3 grandchildren (no health issues ages 7, 9, 12) all had the h1 vaccine on monday.
    all 3 very sick with fever, vomiting tonight.
    sick to the point they all needed to go to the ER where they currently undergoing evaluation and treatment for dehydration.

from today's Morning Sentinel
    WATERVILLE -- A total of 263 students were out sick Tuesday with flu-like symptoms from Waterville senior and junior high schools, Superintendent Eric Haley said.

"I don't ever remember, during my tenure, having this many students out -- no," Haley said of his 24 years in the Waterville school system.
    He said officials do not know whether the students have the H1N1 (swine flu) or the seasonal flu.
    "Nobody's testing students for swine versus regular flu unless they are admitted to the hospital," he said.
    Haley, who is superintendent of AOS 92, which includes Waterville, Winslow and Vassalboro, said that when he called Waterville Senior High School Monday to talk with Ann Bouchard, the school nurse, Bouchard told him 17 students were waiting to see her. Bouchard's office is located inside the main office.
    "There were so many youths coming to see the school nurse, we had to set up a triage room -- a waiting area to get out of the main office (area)," Haley said. Nineteen percent, or 120 of the 610 Waterville Senior High school students were out sick Tuesday; 35 percent, or 143 of 414 Waterville Junior High students were out sick, according to Haley. He said the George J. Mitchell School and Albert S. Hall School, both elementary schools, had 5 to 8 percent of students out sick. The Vassalboro Community School had 10 percent, or about twice the norm, of students out sick.

OMG...

Obama released a statement saying that his children were vaccinated recently.

My kids 6 and 4 will be getting the H1N1 vaccine. I just got my standard Flu shot today, and I will get H1N1 next week.
    Decided to take down my timer!

My kids just got them today.

Pretty sad. Called our family doctor and they almost laughed at me. I asked if they had the vaccine they said no and do not expect to.

Our county health department has it so dd will go on Monday or Tuesday.

Reports are that the absentee rate at her school is 25% for the last two weeks. That is 200 - 300 kids.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    Pretty sad. Called our family doctor and they almost laughed at me. I asked if they had the vaccine they said no and do not expect to.

I think there is no need to cry over spilled milk. The swine flu is even not half as danger as regular season flu may be. The whole fuss around a/h1n1 was, is and still will be always in interest of pharmaceutic concerns and companies who manufacture the vaccines.

And I will tell you some interesing thing. I come from Poland and in my country the ministry of health did not approve this vaccine as sth mandatory or neccessary. You will probably ask: why? What was the reason? The answer is simple:

There was 2 or 3 big pharmaceutical suppliers ready and eager to sell the vaccine to the government BUT!!! the thing that NOBODY wanted to take responsibility on potential side effect - comapanies were able to sell as much vaccines as needed ONLY if our ministry will sign the pledge and take the full responsibility what will happen with 40 million citizens - can you believe that?

There is no need to panic, it's just another "popular" sickness highlited by media and people from pharmacies who already earned million of dollars selling vaccines. Recently we heard about antrax, bird flu, now swine flu - what will be next? Cosmic caugh?

Take care everybody,
    Thomas from Poland.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12