Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Happy St Paddy's Day Aruba

Aruba since 1979

Happy St Paddy's Day Aruba

Here's wishing that I were in O'Aruba sipping on some O'Balashi at the Bunker Bar.
    I am betting Joe and MiMi (member Snidely) are having a ball.

What are your "Paddy Day" plans and are you in Aruba?

HAPPY ST. PADDY'S DAY TO ALL ....

Got up at 1:00 am today to get my dinner started. Want to bring the four guys theirs at lunch time. Even got doctors order that they each can have a bottle of beer.
    We arranged a "private area for them (surprised too.)

Thinking of my father (passed away) who was an 100% proud Irish fellow (raised in East Boston)
    made myself some decaf coffee with bailey's in it. (help me go back to sleep)

Not in Aruba today but do have the Luck of the Irish. Got the best family, get job,
    and new friends.
    Last edited by brady bear; 03-17-2015 at 07:56 AM.

Happy St Paddy's Day all!! We won't be drinking any green beer today but may manage some corned beef and cabbage! Headed into Boston for a clinic visit and expecting to see many dressed in their green. I'm sure when we drive by the Irish bars near Fanueil Hall we'll see at least a few festive types! Enjoy the day!!

Not in Aruba, but did have a wonderful St. Paddy's dinner last Sunday with the family Homemade Irish Soda Bread, Kerry Gold butter, corned beef, cabbage & potatoes - Whiskey cake & vanilla ice cream with Creme de Menthe for dessert - yum!

I love going to a local bar (Duffy's) on St. Pat's - they closed the streets around the bar & set up tents and have bagpipers come in at midnight - but I'm getting old and don't know if I can handle Duffy's St. Pat's on a Tuesday!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Went to the nursing home and fed my "guys" Gosh I felt so special .... lunch with four men... WOW
    They were very well behaved too. lol

One guy (my pet... has no family and wife was Polish .. missed her golumpki's (stuff cabbage) my mom's parents were from Poland
    So I am going to "surprise" him and make him some next week..

Amsterdam Manor, anywhere with a hot sun and a cold drink.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    Here's wishing that I were in O'Aruba sipping on some O'Balashi at the Bunker Bar.
    I am betting Joe and MiMi (member Snidely) are having a ball.

What are your "Paddy Day" plans and are you in Aruba?
    My Paddy Day plans are (well, I guess now they WERE) a sore subject. I was supposed to fly out to Las Vegas on the 17th to meet some friends for the NCAA Tournament but it fell through due to some corporate restructuring. It's ok. It's 34 degrees here, and 76 in Vegas right now.

Happy St Paddy's Day Aruba-image.jpg
    Andre the 'Auba Aloe Man' stopped by our patio on St Paddy's Day
    Last edited by Snidely; 04-02-2015 at 01:46 PM.
    Joe & Mimi

LIFE IS GOOD

Aruba since 1979
    hahahahaha

i know i stand alone on this, but he kinda creeps me out a bit.

I think the first couple times we encountered Andre, our impression was that he was a little strange. He comes through nearly every day and over the years we've visited often. Find him very entertaining.
    Joe & Mimi

LIFE IS GOOD

Quote Originally Posted by Snidely View Post
    I think the first couple times we encountered Andre, our impression was that he was a little strange. He comes through nearly every day and over the years we've visited often. Find him very entertaining.
    He gave us our favorite quote over on a hot day with no breeze, we say it all the time now "out here just baking like a chicken". it's probably not as funny to others as it is to us.

I'm curios, is the Aloe Man more of a character he plays? When you are visiting are you seeing a different side and getting to know him?
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast