• 3 Post By Pegmeister
  • 1 Post By Andrea J.
  • 1 Post By Arubalisa
  • 3 Post By aruba here I come

Thread: Happy Thanksgiving 2013

Aruba since 1979

Happy Thanksgiving 2013

Happy Thanksgiving to all.
    May God's blessings continue to be plentiful.
    And may we always show our thanks.

Our plans do not include heading to MA or to ME this year.
    But, we are having a neighborly Thanksgiving meal here at a friend's house.
    17 of we New England transplants will gather together and enjoy a New England Thanksgiving "Florida style".
    Collard greens and cheese grits and sweet potato pie are on the menu aside from the usual faire.

What are your plans?

Safe and easy travels to all of you.

We're having a small gathering of about 12 to 14 family members over and serving a very traditional menu. Andrea, Happy Thanksgiving to you and Paul and all of the members and guests of this fantastic forum!

We will have a small family gathering at my aunt's home - 26 of us! After a very long, thankful, family fun filled meal we will clear the table and set out all the Black Friday ads and set our plan of attack! We may take a quick nap in the evening and then head out for the annual BF shopping extravaganza while the guys take the kids to the movies and start the Xmas decorating

Hope everyone reading this message enjoys a great Thanksgiving weekend & beginning of an amazing holiday season!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Happy Thanksgiving all! It's just the two of us as family is headed off in all different directions. I'm happy that DH is healthy enough to enjoy it. I still plan to go all out with the china etc. He's really looking forward to that homemade apple pie. As for me it's all about the stuffing! Enjoy all!!

Aruba since 1979
    and so many of us give thanks peg to the miracles of modern medicine....and thanks for your dh having wonderful medical care...and soon we will be so thankful for a transplant for him.

happy thanksgiving !!

Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    Happy Thanksgiving all! It's just the two of us as family is headed off in all different directions. I'm happy that DH is healthy enough to enjoy it. I still plan to go all out with the china etc. He's really looking forward to that homemade apple pie. As for me it's all about the stuffing! Enjoy all!!

Small family Thanksgiving with the IL'S in Jersey. Only 11 people. Less dishes

Long ago finished with Christmas shopping. Will check out the Black Friday savings online.

Senior Member aruba here I come's Avatar
    small gathering at my moms about 12 of us here in jersey. Hopefully a nice quite day! All the traditional fair, just the way I like it... I hope all my aruba.com friends have a wonderful holiday!
    As I am sure we are wishing to be in Aruba!!!

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Ahhhh, no turkey for us here. Heading to MJ's for dinner. 6:30 reservation. Planning on lamb!!

Happy thanksgiving in got all our Aruba.com friends. Wishing you a happy day. Cindyo and robo

What a great weekend with family and friends! We are so blessed to have so many nearby. started Wednesday night with the 20 year tradition of getting together with a group of my high school friends at a local place for drinks and catching up. Moved on to Thursday morning at my sister-in-laws house for our annual flag football game in the 29 degree weather! From there we moved on to celebrate with my mom's family. Our family has grown so much that a few years ago we moved our family dinner to our local Moose Lodge where about 35 of us gather for a traditional meal and good conversation. This year we spent time remember my cousin who passed away a couple weeks ago, always makes the holiday time a little somber when it is the first without a loved one. Friday we did a little shopping, then Saturday it was another dinner at my in-laws where we were reminded how quickly our nieces are growing up. We have 2 graduating from college this year, another in her sophmore year. This year they each brought a significant other, they are all such good kids, just hard to believe how quickly they grow up!
    Not sure when, but we will be back