Aruba Beach
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By DiviDiviFan

Thread: Has this happen to anyone and what did you do ???

Has this happen to anyone and what did you do ???

We were backing out of the Public's grocery store; backing out did not see anything (got camera's too)
    All of a sudden I heard bang... only backed out may a foot..
    Stop my car and notice the elderly man (would use another name but it is not allowed)
    He told me in extra words. "I did not hit your dam car... that big scratch and dent was there."
    WTH ??? then he tells me he lost two or three shopping carts and continue to go into the store.
    I followed him in... asking him to get me a manager.
    After all of this two witness tells me "YOU" just ran that man over.. WTH? I did not run anyone over...
    Get the manager; and go back outside to wait for him.. the buggy man comes backs with a shopping cart and starts
    to yell at me "see... I didn't hit your dam car" excuse me ?? The bottom of the buggy is a "perfect" match.
    In the mean time the manager comes out and tells the guy to go back into the store. He ask the old fart did she hit you
    he states "NO" nobody ever hits ME?
    Had to do a statement.. now it has to go through cooperate.
    I do have a nice 2014 with not one dent. scratch and etc... Lou cleans it every week..
    Just wondering if the store is going to pay me to get it fix.. don't want it to go against my insurance and do not want to pay the
    deduction either...
    Any tips....

Good luck! I would think it's worth your time to keep contact with corporate. I can't imagine they would want a lawsuit over something so minor.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    Just another reason I always park, far, far away from other cars. Other reason, more exercise to walk. Good luck hope it works out for you.

Aruba since 1979
    the store will do nothing to compensate or to fix the damage

publix has signs up (at least they do here at our publix here in tampa bay area) that state that they "are not responsible for vehicle damage caused by shopping carts."

Quote Originally Posted by brady bear View Post
    We were backing out of the Public's grocery store; backing out did not see anything (got camera's too)
    All of a sudden I heard bang... only backed out may a foot..
    Stop my car and notice the elderly man (would use another name but it is not allowed)
    He told me in extra words. "I did not hit your dam car... that big scratch and dent was there."
    WTH ??? then he tells me he lost two or three shopping carts and continue to go into the store.
    I followed him in... asking him to get me a manager.
    After all of this two witness tells me "YOU" just ran that man over.. WTH? I did not run anyone over...
    Get the manager; and go back outside to wait for him.. the buggy man comes backs with a shopping cart and starts
    to yell at me "see... I didn't hit your dam car" excuse me ?? The bottom of the buggy is a "perfect" match.
    In the mean time the manager comes out and tells the guy to go back into the store. He ask the old fart did she hit you
    he states "NO" nobody ever hits ME?
    Had to do a statement.. now it has to go through cooperate.
    I do have a nice 2014 with not one dent. scratch and etc... Lou cleans it every week..
    Just wondering if the store is going to pay me to get it fix.. don't want it to go against my insurance and do not want to pay the
    deduction either...
    Any tips....

All I want is for them to fix my car.. it was an employee who did it. He was also disobeying the rules... by pushing more then 5 carts at once.
    And he lost control of the carts according to his statement.
    It is a huge scratch that took lots of paint off and a nice dent.
    If they don't fix it then I will just have it repair myself and not go through my insurance company
    yes, I always park far away from others.. so my car doesn't get dented or scratch.
    Cathi