Aruba Beach
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Have you visited other islands from Aruba?

Quote Originally Posted by ~Amy~ View Post
    http://flydae.com/
    http://www.tiara-air.com/
    http://www.fly-inselair.com/

We didn't book our flight with Tiara Air until we were in Aruba (we had the front desk at Amsterdam Manor print our boarding passes for us.) But, in hindsight, we should have booked a little more in advance because the fares on DAE had gone up and our only option was to take Tiara Air - which was fine since their fare was still low but I just always like having as many options as possible.
    Thanks for the info, Amy.

I looked at the DAE and Tiara sites. DAE was clear, a little confused with Tiara. Do you have any idea what the price categories on Tiara mean? They have:

Y, S, B and H.
    $92, $75, $65 and $45 respectively.

DAE has 3 classes, easy to see what the differences are.

Which would you fly if you were to do it again?
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

How long are the airport lines when going from Aruba to Curacao and back?

Customs necessary?

Aruba since 1979
    i do not know about the lines

customs and immigration yes
    when you arrive in curacao, you go thru curacao immigration and then thru curacao customs (similar to arriving in aruba)

when you depart curacao you will go thru curacao immigration at curacao airport and then aruba customs in aruba @ the aruba airport.

Quote Originally Posted by rob o View Post

Customs necessary?

Customs necessary?
    Since you're departing from the non-U.S. terminal, lines are short. And they're especially short if you depart early in the morning and come back later in the evening like we did (departed Aruba at 7:30am - flew back around 8pm) because really the only people in the lines at that time are those on your plane - and our Tiara plane was small so very few people.

I would say the longest line we had was in Curacao at immigration because I forgot to pack a pen and needed to borrow one to fill out our form - which put us at the end of the line behing everyone on our plane (a grand total of about 20 people - LOL!) By the time I finished filling out the form, there was no line!
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 --
    36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Thanks for the info, Amy.

I looked at the DAE and Tiara sites. DAE was clear, a little confused with Tiara. Do you have any idea what the price categories on Tiara mean? They have:

Y, S, B and H.
    $92, $75, $65 and $45 respectively.

DAE has 3 classes, easy to see what the differences are.

Which would you fly if you were to do it again?
    I just looked at Tiara's website and the classes only mean that right now, the cheapest class is available (class H). When that fills up, then the next cheapest is available, etc., etc. There is no difference as far as where you sit on the plane - small plane, all the seats are the same.

I would probably fly Tiara Air again - just because it was smooth, on time, no problems. I saw some of the DAE planes and they were a little larger - which means more people in line when you go through customs. I liked our little tiny plane with very few people. We also got a free breakfast on the flight over - juice box and a warm cheese pastechi!
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 --
    36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Thanks Amy.....thanks Andrea.

Under a hut, walking Eagle Beach, lunch on the beach, Amstel Bright Beer on the beach, coffee in the morning on the beach, taking a dip in the sea,

Thumbs up

>>> "Who has been to Bonaire, Curacao or Venezuela from Aruba?"
    ----- Been to 2 of them but not flying but off of cruise ships. Usually
    off of cruise ships don't have to show anything and usually not stopped. Getting back on ship just show cruise card. Even in Aruba very easy.
    In Aruba got a tour bus to take 6 of us up to our timeshare since he didn't have any tours that day. Great beach day.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123