Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Hi Everyone from Lizzardo

Hi Everyone from Lizzardo

Hi

I'm just checking in to let you all know that I am still alive.
    Dad is in the final stages of dementia and has been in
    hospice for 5 months now. It is such a terrible way
    to die.

We still have our house on the market if anyone
    is interested in a great investment opportunity
    or a great place to live.

I know you all are there for me and it keeps me
    strong! Love you all!
    Liz

Saying prayers for you and your family. The role of caregiver is not an easy one.

Prayers are sent your way!

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    You have gone through so much Liz. Sending prayers your way.

Aruba since 1979
    Quote Originally Posted by Liz - Aruba Lover View Post
    You have gone through so much Liz. Sending prayers your way.
    I know, it is "ENOUGH AREADY"

Without going overboard in the details, Liz and her husband Mick have been companions, caregivers to Liz's elderly parents for many years.
    It has been a loving, long, frustrating and demanding journey.
    All done to make the parents happy and comfortable in their old age.

and I'd like to add she is facing problems with her greedy siblings who are planning their inheritance and my dad is not dead yet. He is in the final stage of dementia and has been in hospice for 5 months. He can not do anything for himself. But he does make facial expressions and can move. She also has other people in her life including where he is staying and a court appointed 'person' that makes seeing her dad worse than it would be just visiting him.

Sorry for the rant but I have been really down and not doing much and needed to vent - I will prob. delete this soon...

I love you all and thank you for supporting me throughout this journey. Don't know how it will go but they tell me that days are like weeks and weeks are like years and I am in that space. I can't actually talk to anyone without really getting upset even my best friends. I lost one that Andrea knows well because I am pretty 'stuck' and can't act like nothing is happening..... I thought we agreed that we couldn't be there for each other right now - I had told her all that I had done for her but I found I was unfriended. Just hoping that this whole mess ends and Karma is the judge and jury!

Something I've learned, you can't expect people to act the way you want them to, even if you feel it is what a real friend should do.

I wanted to send this link for you to look into. http://www.alz.org/apps/we_can_help/support_groups.asp

Maybe you can find a support group in your area or o line where people understand and relate to the same issues you are having.
    7 trips in and still finding things to love. #8 will be great in November!

Great link Tracey... caring for people like this is very hard for family members and myself as a nurse.
    I praise those who chose to care for them on their own and also praise those who chose to place them in a caring place to lessen the burden on them and their families.

Having been in the caregiver roll for my parents I can relate to what you are going through. I know how hard it is. I also know you will be able to look back and know that you did the right thing for your dad. You are in our thoughts and orayers.

Sorry Liz

I passed by your beautiful Aruba home last week. I hope you will be able to spend some time there before it sells.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast