Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: Holiday Greetings and do you have plans?

Aruba since 1979

Holiday Greetings and do you have plans?

Many of us celebrate Christmas and to those "Merry Christmas"

To those that celebrate Chanukkah "Happy Chanukkah"

To those that celebrate something other..........."Enjoy"

Please share your plans with us here.

Our holiday plans begin tomorrow with our dear friends from Bellair Beach and other friends from Tampa who are coming here for "early Christmas"....dinner !
    Quiches, stuffed shells, meatballs, homemade sauce, chopped salad and asparagus is on the menu. Kind of a weird combination but we are all a little weird and this suits us just fine.

Christmas Eve will be at our neighbor's for a real Italian (is it 7 fish?) Christmas Eve dinner.
    I am looking forward to this as we haven't had the italian feast for Christmas Eve in probably 10 years.

Christmas Day........will be brunch with friends and then dinner with other friends.

It will be difficult/impossible to adhere to my 30 or less carbs per day.

Let the fun begin!Holiday Greetings and do you have plans?-fullsizeoutput_c6d.jpg

We are hoping Santa brings a new furnace Hopefully the repair won't eat up too much of our fun vacation fund, but that's the life of a homeowner that we all deal with.
    All jokes aside, this should be a relaxing holiday season. We are most looking forward to seeing the magic through my 3 year old nephew's eyes. We will be taking the long weekend to visit most of our family that lives in the area. We have another holiday get together in January because my aunt likes to wait until the busy season is over, which works out well. My dad and stepmother got an amazing gift after a really tough year, and my step sister is taking them to the Florida Keys. We will miss them, but I'm happy for them and I know they need it.

Aruba since 1979
    i had read about your heating woes on FB
    i hope the fix is easy and inexpensive.

i am glad that your dad is getting an escape to the keys!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    We are hoping Santa brings a new furnace Hopefully the repair won't eat up too much of our fun vacation fund, but that's the life of a homeowner that we all deal with.
    All jokes aside, this should be a relaxing holiday season. We are most looking forward to seeing the magic through my 3 year old nephew's eyes. We will be taking the long weekend to visit most of our family that lives in the area. We have another holiday get together in January because my aunt likes to wait until the busy season is over, which works out well. My dad and stepmother got an amazing gift after a really tough year, and my step sister is taking them to the Florida Keys. We will miss them, but I'm happy for them and I know they need it.

Will there be a special Xmas cocktail on tap...?

Quote Originally Posted by act1966 View Post
    Will there be a special Xmas cocktail on tap...?
    yes, the quality of the cocktail will depend on the what the HVAC repairman says. Boones Farm wine or Mad dog 20/20 if it's the worst case scenario. Best case will be these:
    https://theblondcook.com/jack-frost-cocktail/

yes, the quality of the cocktail will depend on the what the HVAC repairman says. Boones Farm wine or Mad dog 20/20 if it's the worst case scenario. Best case will be these:
    I'd like to see a chapter in "Adventures in Cocktailing - Holiday Edition" dedicated to that Jack Frost alone... Happy holidays!

That drink looks delicious. Hope the HVAC guy has good news, maybe you could negotiate a better price with a pitcher of these?

Hey Walt, seeing your post reminded me we were considering the oceanfront are for bringing the New Year, plans are on hold but I will message you if that changes.

My last time working XMas eve till it falls on a weekend.
    Hopefully all my gifts are wrapped by then.. Finally put the tree up. Never been so late.
    Volunteer to pick up a hospice case Christmas early evening.. (hope it is a happy one)
    Dinner will be a spiral ham with all the fixings and will bring some to the case I am doing.

Our Christmas crazy started yesterday with brunch with my best friends and then our family tradition of caroling in my Aunt's neighborhood. I dislike every part of it - the cold, the singing, the Xmas songs, dragging my kids along - BUT - by the end of the night I always cry and love it. So many people are so appreciative and bring their kids to the door to sing & wave and an older gentleman last night asked if we would wait and sing again so he could put his wife in her wheelchair and bring her out to the door. Thinking about seeing their smiles and her face LIGHT UP is making me tear up all over again. A few people grabbed coats and joined us! It was really a good time.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast