Aruba Beach

Thread: Holland America Ship...tragic story

Aruba since 1979

Holland America Ship...tragic story

The Rhyndam (spelling?) had a tragedy...murder suicide.
    It was supposed to dock alongside in Aruba as a port of call of the 2 week journey.
    From what we have seen on the local news, the ship is still alongside in San Juan.

The ship's home port is Tampa.

West Deck in the afternoon
    That's just awful! More and more you seem to hear horror stories about things that happen on cruise ships.

Arashi Beach, Malmok Beach, Eagle Beach.
    Wow I'm in shock!!! I've been on 20 cruises without incident thank god and I'm going on one in September to Bermuda but earlier this year I was thinking about cutting down on my cruise vacations. Me and my brothers own 2 weeks of timeshare in Orlando which I used 1 week every year to exchange to Aruba but they have not been using the other week so they are banked and piling on. I was thinking of perhaps using up these banked weeks to go to Aruba every 6 months instead of cruising.

I've never been on Holland Cruise line but I remember a terrible tragedy on this cruise line where the cabin stewart raped and murdered a female passenger who was traveling solo. He just lost it because she was really rude to him and treated him like he was beneath her or like a peasant in his words.
    Back to Aruba in

Very sad... more of it going on.
    Prayers to their families and those involved.