Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hurricane Earl

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    We were thinking about heading down to our beautiful Hatteras Island in a few days. Hope this thing really turns away from the coast. The outer banks of NC juts out from the coast and takes a real blow from dangerous storms. Ocracoke Island and Hatteras Island are being evacuated. Hopefully the entire east coast will be spared. We all do have beautiful places to visit when we can't be in Aruba.

eagle beach, baby beach, rogers beach, downtown, harley store......
    I live 5 mins from the shores in Ct also. Latest news is that the huricane is not going to hit us that bad, something like 23mprhr winds maybe gusting up to 35mphr and some rain, all to be gone by tomorrow night!!!!! I don't get too excited about these things anymore ever since a tornado ripped right thru downtown main street this summer. The weather really has been so unpredictable.

eagle beach, baby beach, rogers beach, downtown, harley store......
    Oh yeah, ha, anyone want to comment on how it has affected aruba if it has? More wind, bigger surf,. etc........???

Aruba since 1979
    earl has no weather effect re: aruba.
    my guess is that there will be airline difficulties....delays...in PA, New England, NC, NYC, NJ, ATL(?)
    Quote Originally Posted by LaCabanaGirl View Post
    Oh yeah, ha, anyone want to comment on how it has affected aruba if it has? More wind, bigger surf,. etc........???

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    my guess is that there will be airline difficulties....delays...in PA, New England, NC, NYC, NJ, ATL(?)
    Last track I saw showed it staying off the coast. Boston will have some issues as will any Friday evening transatlantic flights. I'll be in Providence Thursday night and into Friday afternoon. Hopefully we get home on time, I have concert tickets for Saturday.

Eagle Beach, exploring the "Outback", Madi's tour to the Natural Pool , dinner at Papiamento's
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    I've heard that hurricanes "suck the tradewinds' away from Aruba and it can be pretty darned hot!?

Eagle Beach, exploring the "Outback", Madi's tour to the Natural Pool , dinner at Papiamento's
    The projected track has now moved a little to the west , so here on the Cape we're definitely getting something, hopefully we won't get slammed! Tonight after work I'll be taking down the hanging plants, birdfeeders, and putting deck furniture in the barn!

Aruba since 1979
    yes some of the hurricanes in the area "suck away" the tradewinds.
    a hurricane such as earl that made the turn north while is the eastern caribbean does not have that "sucking effect".
    now, the new one coming thru, gaston, is taking a more straight shot and apparently not going to take the big turn an head north. those gaston-like storm paths are the "wind suckers".

my geography is a bit "off" though.

to all those in the projected, be careful and good luck.

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    Watching the weather channel right now. Looks like lots of tropical systems coming through behind Earl. Sept. is going to be an interesting month. Good luck everyone and stay safe!!

Looks like we might have gotten lucky! Still have 50+mph wind gusts expected, but hey that's almost normal living in New England, right?! "Overprepared" this time? Better than being unprepared, I say! Wouldn't be surprised if we lose power for a while. Will check in tomorrow and let you know how we fared!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast