Aruba Beach
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Hurricane Sandy........and its trek to ?

The beach road at the end of my street is closed because of flooding, and even though I am now retired I know my former employer is closed. I know this because someone forgot to remove my name from the emergency call list and I got the automated phone message last night. My new 8 week old puppy that I brought home yesterday is sleeping through it. DH wants to go out to lunch because he feels house bound!! That's not happening! Be safe all.

Aruba since 1979
    congrats on the pup.

stay safe!!

your signature line says u are still in aruba
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    The beach road at the end of my street is closed because of flooding, and even though I am now retired I know my former employer is closed. I know this because someone forgot to remove my name from the emergency call list and I got the automated phone message last night. My new 8 week old puppy that I brought home yesterday is sleeping through it. DH wants to go out to lunch because he feels house bound!! That's not happening! Be safe all.

Storm has caused major flooding in capemay and wildwood, our summer home is in the villas and just 1 block from the delaware bay. Our flight to AUA is Thursday, I want to go see the damage b4 we leave but I don't think I can without canceling our trip. I have cancel for any reason insurance.

Right now I plan to wait to see the damage until we return, can't let this storm mess up our trip. At my main house our cherry tree just crashed down, roots and all came up. The ground is so wet already and this storm is not expected to realy hit until midnight or so.

In case the roads r flooded we r looking at taking the train into ny on wed night for our thur morning flight. Glad we have a ny hotel room for wed night booked months back.

Forced to work from home today and tomorrow, Wednesday will be the great escape from NJ to NY!!! We will give it our best shot!!!

Aruba since 1979
    wishing you well
    stay safe

Quote Originally Posted by mjl60621 View Post
    Storm has caused major flooding in capemay and wildwood, our summer home is in the villas and just 1 block from the delaware bay. Our flight to AUA is Thursday, I want to go see the damage b4 we leave but I don't think I can without canceling our trip. I have cancel for any reason insurance.

Right now I plan to wait to see the damage until we return, can't let this storm mess up our trip. At my main house our cherry tree just crashed down, roots and all came up. The ground is so wet already and this storm is not expected to realy hit until midnight or so.

In case the roads r flooded we r looking at taking the train into ny on wed night for our thur morning flight. Glad we have a ny hotel room for wed night booked months back.

Forced to work from home today and tomorrow, Wednesday will be the great escape from NJ to NY!!! We will give it our best shot!!!

Aruba since 1979
    you are so very important.
    you are community members........the community is family and we are concerned!!

we are sending our prayers and good thoughts and wish you all well and SAFE.
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 10-31-2012 at 06:29 PM.

Hurricane Sandy to Aruba Sand

Great idea posting this thread !! Seems like alot of people from the Northeast come to Aruba these coming weeks, we come the same time and meet some great people, hope they make it this time. We rescheduled from Tues. to this Sunday(hopefully). It's NASTY here in Jersey now, got our fingers crossed, hope everyone stays safe and get their plans worked out.
    Thanks Andrea, for posting, can't wait to get out of this mess..

Andrea, how do I fix that? I thought when I clicked off the button on show signature it would go away. Meanwhile the neighbors have a good size tree down barely missing the house, and the new puppy (Maddy) seems to take pleasure in the wind and rain ignoring what she should be doing! Oops looks like it is gone now.

Aruba since 1979
    peg, you did it!

stay safe please

Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    Andrea, how do I fix that? I thought when I clicked off the button on show signature it would go away. Meanwhile the neighbors have a good size tree down barely missing the house, and the new puppy (Maddy) seems to take pleasure in the wind and rain ignoring what she should be doing! Oops looks like it is gone now.

On a lounge chair..In a hut..Somewhere on the beach..
    I hope everyone is safe and sound as it is getting really bad here. We decided to change our flight till Sunday. That way the storm will be long gone and we won't have to worry about being cancelled.

For those on Facebook, there is a page called Storm Central with some pictures around the east coast. https://www.facebook.com/#!/stormcentral1st
    I am not sure if all of these photos are real.

Hope everyone is staying safe!
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast