Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Hurricanes, Earthquakes, Natural Disasters

Hurricanes, Earthquakes, Natural Disasters

Prayers go out to all those affected by Harvey, Irma, Maria, and now Mexico with the earthquake.
    Last edited by Tim nel; 09-20-2017 at 09:57 PM. Reason: Left out storm Harvey

Don't forget Harvey, too. It surely has been a difficult few weeks for so many and it will be difficult for few months or even years for some of those effected.

Our thoughts and prayers go out to all. This is been such a continuing devastation. I feel very blessed that we have not been affected by this.

I was talking to someone today who's son lives in the Seattle area. The wildfires in the NW are taking a toll, too. If people are not having to evacuate, they are effected by the smoke even if they are miles and miles away. It is causing breathing issues for many people and generally effecting daily life. I guess the hurricanes and earthquakes have be the headlines, but we need to keep the people in the Northwest in our prayers, too.

Just so sad and scary.
    Wishing I could go to one of those places and offer my services.

Quote Originally Posted by brady bear View Post
    Just so sad and scary.
    Wishing I could go to one of those places and offer my services.
    I know. I had thought about driving to Texas or Florida, but I have a house full of people-my niece is here visiting from Ontario(10 days is now 17+ days) and our former exchange student from Germany and his girlfriend are here for a friend's wedding and staying here for a week and then traveling for 5 days and then back with us for 5 days.

There is absolutely no wind in Aruba ( taking by hurricanes) and unbearable hot. With humidity factor, it feels like 46C ( 115F). and it will continue for the next few days.

Hurricanes, Earthquakes, Natural Disasters-img-20170926-wa0002.jpg
    Last edited by GETA62; 09-26-2017 at 10:23 AM.

Aruba since 1979
    but there are no hurricanes .....except for Maria now heading up into the n. atlantic and the L storm way up in the north east atlantic.

can regular weather (ya, i have no idea what regular weather is hahaha) cause no breeze in Aruba?

Our Aruba visit in Nov 2016 was VERY non breezy.
    it was brutal. we stayed IN the water and no sunbathing at all.

Quote Originally Posted by GETA62 View Post
    There is absolutely no wind in Aruba ( taking by hurricanes) and unbearable hot. With humidity factor, it feels like 46C ( 115F). and it will continue for the next few days.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    but there are no hurricanes .....except for Maria now heading up into the n. atlantic and the L storm way up in the north east atlantic.

can regular weather (ya, i have no idea what regular weather is hahaha) cause no breeze in Aruba?

Our Aruba visit in Nov 2016 was VERY non breezy.
    it was brutal. we stayed IN the water and no sunbathing at all.
    Yes. The hurricanes up north destabilize our trade winds making it feel waaay hotter. Real feel was around 38c for a few weeks already. Dry, humid. The worst. It also gives the surfers and bodyboarders world class waves to ride all along the north coast.

I love the heat but I draw the line when the real feel temp is in the triple digits! There were a couple days last year that bordered on uncomfortable when you were not in the water...I would still rather have 100 plus in Aruba than 75 degrees in Boston

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast