Aruba Beach

Thread: i pad

I love the beach (who doesn't?), anywhere that I can snorkel, The Donkey Sanctuary (much to the dismay of my daughter), the lighthouse.

i pad

Has anyone purchased an i pad? I am thinking of getting one. I am interested in hearing any pros or cons from a "real" user...Thanks!

Aruba since 1979
    i have had a borrowed one for 2 days.
    not mine, but my apple guru guy dropped one off here and it goes back to him today, in 25 minutes.

i love it but have really only been trying it for about 45 minutes of the last 2 days.
    i do not like it has no usb therefore cannot print...well at least not here as i do not have a wireless printer.
    the keyboard is very very sensitive.
    this one has a few books loaded onto it and paul is enjoying that.
    paul not so handy at the finger stuff on the screen and that takes getting used to.
    if it were in our budget, paul says he would definitely get one to replace his laptop.
    i will stick with my macbook pro.

go to an apple store and sit and play with one.
    there is a lady that i swim with every day, and she was in the portland, me apple store for 2 hrs playing with it. she said they were very helpful.

my apple guy (guru) dropped off this macbook pro machine about 6 months ago, told me to get used to it, practice as long as you like, and then we'll talk payment.
    2 days ago he finally accepted payment.

Senior Member aruba here I come's Avatar
    Yes I got mine monday... took a bit to get it hooked up to the wi fi..... so far so good.
    I don't have that much on it.. we did go to the apple store last sat and sunday and fooled aound with it, asked lots of questions.... and sunday we ordered.. dh had thought about gettin a note book.... but desided on this....
    would just use this in stead of luggin around the lap top....
    I think i just have to get use to it, since I am a pc girl....
    don't know if I should have waited for the 3g one.. but then that would be an additional expense... dh said when the next geniration comes out, and they have fixed all the bugs... I would get that and he would take this one...
    Nice guy right!!!
    If i were you go to the store and play around...(if you have one close to you) ask lots of questions, and then ask some more.....

I love the beach (who doesn't?), anywhere that I can snorkel, The Donkey Sanctuary (much to the dismay of my daughter), the lighthouse.
    Thank you for your very fast responses! I think I will head to the Apple store to "play" first. We have a MacBook and I absolutely love it, so I am somewhat used to the Apple way.

I will post an update when I make a decision. I will probably wait for the 3g version to hit the market.

Deb

I have my Ipad since it went on sale last Saturday. It is fantastic!

I have not had any issues connecting to wi-fi. I recently purchased the new Palm Pre cell phone as it is one of the first phones that becomes a "Wi-Fi hotspot" and I have been gaining access to the internet via the phone. (If you connect to the internet this way, there is no need to wait to purchase the 3G version for an extra few hundred dollars - just my opinion).

Any other questions regarding the Ipad, let me know.

P.S. Skype works really well on the Ipad....

Regards,