Aruba Beach
Like Tree7Likes
  • 4 Post By Traceyd14
  • 1 Post By __steve__
  • 2 Post By Andrea J.

Thread: Inexpensive bag for snorkel gear

Inexpensive bag for snorkel gear

Decent, inexpensive bag good for snorkel gear http://www.walmart.com/ip/Coleman-Ad...Black/28101428

Before our trip, we weren't sure how we were going to pack our snorkel gear. We both have pretty large sets of fins, booties, masks, and snorkels. They pretty much take up a whole suitcase. I decided to look for a rolling duffel bag and most of the ones I found were over $100.00. Finally we decided just to look at what Walmart had to find something just to get us through this trip. We found this Coleman Adventure Rolling Duffel for only $30. It seems large, but it fit the normal size regulations for American Airlines checked bags. The drop bottom held our papasan floats and extra flip flops. We had plenty of room for our snorkel gear and larger liquids, including sunblock. I had my doubts about a $30 bag with mixed reviews, but I have to say it held up nicely for through airline handling, including plane changes on both sides. I generally have had success with Coleman products and this bag is no different. I'm not sure how many trips we will get out of it, but for $30, I already feel like we got our money's worth.

Inexpensive bag for snorkel gear-coleman-bag.jpg
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Looks good. Thanks for the recommendation.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

That's a nice bag!

Though I'm unorthodox in my methods of snorkeling taking the minimalist approach (except when I'm going all-out with ArubaBob), a bag like that would come quite handy for me. My quasisnorkeling is just a hybrid open-water swimming / snorkeling activity. My gear easily fits under a passenger's seat (regular swim goggles, nose-clip, short fins, and front mount snorkel). I just keep goggles around my neck, nose clip goes in my pocket, and the snorkel is hooked through the fins, and I carry as is (or tossed in the back of the rental). Like this however, I would constantly misplace or drop items throughout the day and it became a problem.

Such a bag would fit everything, food, a few bottles of wine, water, shoes, flip-flops, camera, in addition to the gear.

Steve, it may be a little bulky for your needs, but they may have a smaller size. For us it's the full size fins that take up all the space. This definitely wouldn't fit under the seat.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Aruba since 1979
    we have 2 of these in red.
    we used them recently on our trip north to visit son and family.
    they hold a lot!
    and for $30 they are a great deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    Decent, inexpensive bag good for snorkel gear http://www.walmart.com/ip/Coleman-Ad...Black/28101428

Before our trip, we weren't sure how we were going to pack our snorkel gear. We both have pretty large sets of fins, booties, masks, and snorkels. They pretty much take up a whole suitcase. I decided to look for a rolling duffel bag and most of the ones I found were over $100.00. Finally we decided just to look at what Walmart had to find something just to get us through this trip. We found this Coleman Adventure Rolling Duffel for only $30. It seems large, but it fit the normal size regulations for American Airlines checked bags. The drop bottom held our papasan floats and extra flip flops. We had plenty of room for our snorkel gear and larger liquids, including sunblock. I had my doubts about a $30 bag with mixed reviews, but I have to say it held up nicely for through airline handling, including plane changes on both sides. I generally have had success with Coleman products and this bag is no different. I'm not sure how many trips we will get out of it, but for $30, I already feel like we got our money's worth.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	coleman bag.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	11.0 KB 
ID:	4565