Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Ipad

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything

Ipad

does anyone know how you delete an app from the IPad mini? On my android you would just sweep it up and it would delete but I can't figure out how to do it. I've gone to settings & see it there but when I click on it, it doesn't say delete, etc.

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    Never mind, figured it out. except the one I want to delete just says waiting underneath the app & no X appears to delete it. when I go to the updates, it says to update but won't let me.

To delete on an IPad, click and hold on the app until it wiggles. There should be an X, click on the X and then click the home button. If it says waiting it sounds like it's trying to update the app. Try resetting the IPad.

how do you reset an Ipad? I shut it off and turned it back on but that didn't do it?

Click and hold the home button and power button at the same time. Hold it, the screen will go black and then the Apple will appear. Release when you see the apple.

I did reset it, good to know but it didn't help the thing. Its a fashion app and it still had "waiting" and when I went to updates, it had the update button but when I pressed on it, it did nothing. and of course the little X doesn't appear so I can delete it and redownload it. not that important. its still on my desktop.

When an app doesn't have an X it means it's a default app and can't be deleted. These would be apps like App Store, ITunes etc. not sure why a fashion app would be a default. Your iPad may just be hung up. You could trying shutting it off for 10 minutes to see if it clears.

Sounds to me like it is just a messed up App - maybe an update failed or corrupted a file somehow. I would just ignore it for a day or two and try to either delete it or re-download/update it
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    When an app doesn't have an X it means it's a default app and can't be deleted. These would be apps like App Store, ITunes etc. not sure why a fashion app would be a default. Your iPad may just be hung up. You could trying shutting it off for 10 minutes to see if it clears.

"Press '1' and we'll connect you with our customer support representative, Peg..."

Aruba since 1979
    i have that issue on my ipad mini.
    it is an app for "storm shield" (a weather app)
    i cannot get rid of it.
    i have done all the things a hard shut down, and there it sits.
    i have been ignoring for over a year.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast