Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree117Likes

Thread: Irma

Our neighbour in Aruba just sent a screenshot of her weather app where it states that the temperature "feel" (humidex) is 50C (122F for all you pagans) as a result of Irma sucking all the breeze away.

I pray for all of our Florida friends here and everywhere! I am scared and I am not even in the path...I don't like to see natural disasters they scare the crap out of me. Be safe. Pray for Puerto Rico they are saying if/when they lose power it could be weeks or even months before it is restored.

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    Getting goosebumps worrying about our forum friends in fear of Irma. I pray for you all and everyone else who will be affected. Mother Nature can be very scary and powerful - please stay safe and smart if you are told to evacuate please do so if you can. Sounds like you are all well prepared getting your paperwork/pictures etc. in order, hope others read your posts and do the same.

Prayers for all being affected by this horrendous storm. I know there are many on this forum. I am thinking of all you and your families.

Just finished my Hurricane Irma preparedness shopping...

Irma-wine-rack.jpg
    [url=https://www.TickerFactory.com/]

If you think you are in the path, do not stay in a manufactured home/trailer under any circumstances.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqfExHpvLRY

That simulation is somewhat scary to say the least but sadly a reality. If it would do that to a well build house I can't imagine a trailer or home...I won't EVER travel to anyplace in the hurricane zone during the season for the rest of my adult life....thankfully I don't consider Aruba a part of it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason D View Post
    If you think you are in the path, do not stay in a manufactured home/trailer under any circumstances.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqfExHpvLRY

praying for everyone in the path of this monster storm. although I am disappointed that the beyotch may cancel our flight on Saturday, I realize that a ruined/shortened vacation in no way compares to the stress of possibly losing one's home.

Aruba since 1979
    can u try to get there a day or 2 early?
    Quote Originally Posted by kemperato View Post
    praying for everyone in the path of this monster storm. although I am disappointed that the beyotch may cancel our flight on Saturday, I realize that a ruined/shortened vacation in no way compares to the stress of possibly losing one's home.

Aruba since 1979
    well it appears that IRMA projection track has moved a bit to the east.
    our homes here in our community are site built regular type of homes (as compared to manufactured homes)

our friends/neighbors are on a new england/canadian maritime cruise, we were at their home earlier. we had to bring in their patio furniture which was out on their caged patio, their garden decorations and bird baths. a couple of other neighbors are snowbirds........their grills, and yard decorations (more flipping gnomes) had to be brought inside. then there is the pool. the pool has 80 lounges and regular chairs and tables and umbrellas it looks like since we are on the "pool committee" we will have to move those into the clubhouse.

i am not only terrified, i am exhausted and the fear is making me nauseated.

can someone please come rescue paul and i and send us to york maine or aruba? (2 cats and a dog too)

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast