Aruba Beach
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree117Likes

Thread: Irma

Hugs Andrea. I wish I could teleport you all!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Aruba since 1979
    hugs back

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacki View Post
    Hugs Andrea. I wish I could teleport you all!
    me too! stay safe, hopefully your exhaustion will help you sleep tonight. You and Paul are so nice to take care of your friends/neighbors. Just reading about all your preparing it does sound exhausting. Unless you are dealing with the storm threat you don't realize how much there is to do both inside and outside and all the objects you need to bring inside. Cannot even imagine, don't forget to take care of yourself.

Stay safe all and pray for the people of Barbuda. I just read 90% of the island is in rubble

Great work helping out your neighbor Andrea! I am sorry you have to do it and if I had an ability to teleport you I would have already done it so we could officially meet. Stay safe and try to remain calm.
    Last edited by Aruba4ever; 09-06-2017 at 09:14 PM.

Did do some packing after work.. (they canceled me tomorrow .. thank god it's right off 95north and traffic was almost stand still
    We actually live in a modular home (sort of like a man. home) that can handle up to 160 winds. Got all the boards cut, back of the home is boarded; and the front will be done Friday. I know we should leave for shelter. But where will we go? Most hotels are all booked up. Quiet a few of the gas stations are out already.
    Generator is propane and gas (do have 4 propane tanks and several cans of gas). And there is no way I am going to stay at a shelter.
    I have faith in the lord and know he will watch over me.
    Andrea...
    Like you I am getting scared as well. Please stay safe. I will pm you my number.
    Now the question what to do about work. I will go in Friday and Saturday but not my Sunday night shift when the storm should be the worst. However Florida is the right to work state and I really don't care.

Aruba since 1979
    thanks

funny story...........just a little while ago our next door neighbor came by and i was just tidying up the living room.
    he and paul were talking and he saw that i had a swiffer duster and was doing the window sill and arund the frame.
    he said, why bother, it's going to get blown in on sunday.
    before i could speak paul told him to get the hell out.
    way to go paul!

Aruba since 1979
    be careful brady bear

what is the right to work ?

instead of plantation shutters which we were going to get in December.......it's going to be hurricane shutters.

What a jack a$$. I too just cleaned my house and tomorrow I will bathe two dogs and going to groom them myself (for the first time)
    Laundry is all done, making some meals and freeze them too. Will check on the man I met yesterday at Sam's.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    thanks

funny story...........just a little while ago our next door neighbor came by and i was just tidying up the living room.
    he and paul were talking and he saw that i had a swiffer duster and was doing the window sill and arund the frame.
    he said, why bother, it's going to get blown in on sunday.
    before i could speak paul told him to get the hell out.
    way to go paul!

Good deal, brady bear. From what I read, modular homes (but not mobile or manufactured) are supposed to be equivalent in construction specs. and strength to site-built homes. If this thing is not a direct hit and/or weakens a little, you'll be even better off.

Can't believe that neighbor, Andrea!... but sometimes stressful situations cause people to react inappropriately.

Get some rest everybody, remember that most "stuff" can be replaced. Do your best to prepare and then don't stress too much about that which you can't control.

LK1
    Stay safe and strong to everyone who will be affected by Irma.

Rick

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast