Aruba Beach
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
Like Tree117Likes

Thread: Irma

Andrea, I can't imagine the stress, even though we've been through a few hurricanes ourselves. When we were younger we foolishly didn't give it much thought. I hope the storm passes quickly and doesn't generate more strength. Be safe.

We are keeping all of you in our thoughts and prayers daily. Please know that if we could anything to help you, we would be the first to step up if we were closer. The anticipation of it all would be terrifying.

Stay safe Andrea... praying for ya.
    Was so stressed out yesterday at work 5 admissions on my unit. All respite just staying for the duration of the storm. But its still a full admission. Thought I was going to cry. All the pts family are allow to take shelter too.
    Spoke to the new DON who said that "I" am more than welcome to come in early and relax till the storm but no mention of our families allowing to be shelter.
    Sad but it is what it is. Since it has been down graded (but never know) I am going in 6 hours early so the nurse that I relief (she relieves me in the am) can get home to her young teenager son. Going to pack a small bag for clothes and a bigger bag for my own snacks. (they will supply us with some but don't trust them..lol)
    I will drive myself so my husband and son don't have to drive me there.
    Now they say Jose is heading to New England ... my Aruba family please stay safe too.

Aruba since 1979
    Aruba Friends Cathi and I (Brady Bear) are so appreciative of all your kind thoughts.
    thanks

New England oh boy....My prayers are still with you before they begin for us...wow! My sister lives on the water near the cape....this stuff is awful!!!!!! We are all touched somehow some way...stay safe Andrea and Cathi plus families.

Quote Originally Posted by brady bear View Post
    Stay safe Andrea... praying for ya.
    Was so stressed out yesterday at work 5 admissions on my unit. All respite just staying for the duration of the storm. But its still a full admission. Thought I was going to cry. All the pts family are allow to take shelter too.
    Spoke to the new DON who said that "I" am more than welcome to come in early and relax till the storm but no mention of our families allowing to be shelter.
    Sad but it is what it is. Since it has been down graded (but never know) I am going in 6 hours early so the nurse that I relief (she relieves me in the am) can get home to her young teenager son. Going to pack a small bag for clothes and a bigger bag for my own snacks. (they will supply us with some but don't trust them..lol)
    I will drive myself so my husband and son don't have to drive me there.
    Now they say Jose is heading to New England ... my Aruba family please stay safe too.

I've read about a man from my community who was vacationing on St Martin and is now stranded. I see where the US is trying to send land and sea rescue to citizens. The sad thing is some people are ostrosizing them for staying. Apparently, they had checked with their airline before going to make sure they would have additional flights to get home should the hurricane head toward the island. There were no such flights. I'm sure I don't know the whole story, but it sounds crazy.

I've been pulling up various web cams from the Florida area and I've found one in the keys that I've watched the water get higher and higher.

I saw where Jose was going to head northeast into the Atlantic and just spin out there. I hope that is the case.

Hoping for a 30th anniversary trip to our favorite place.

[QUOTE=AUA1989;322404]I've read about a man from my community who was vacationing on St Martin and is now stranded. I see where the US is trying to send land and sea rescue to citizens. The sad thing is some people are ostrosizing them for staying. Apparently, they had checked with their airline before going to make sure they would have additional flights to get home should the hurricane head toward the island. There were no such flights. I'm sure I don't know the whole story, but it sounds crazy.

I read this morning that they got 500 US citizens out of St. Maarten yesterday and they are working to get the other 5000 home. One of the cruise lines is sending a cruise ship to ST. Thomas to bring back 2000 and it should be in St. Thomas by Tuesday.

Aruba since 1979
    https://www.facebook.com/andreadoucettejames
    not sure if this is visible

We can see it. Stay safe Andrea. My prayers are with all of you in Florida, as well as the islands that have already been hit...so sad.

Yes thank you everyone for your positive thoughts and prayers.
    Heading off to work now. have my Aruba rosary's in my car, always wear my St. Christopher medal; so I will be watch over...
    refuse my husband and son to take me to work. So sure there be no traffic on the road. Just worried about the tornado's.
    Andrea I am thinking about you
    Cathi

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast