Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: iTouch and WiFi

There is a free app that you can get from itunes that automatically searches for wifi spots...and it tells you whether they are open or not and allows you to join...

e-wifi I believe it is called. Very useful app
    Kisha

Aruba trip in

I know this is a really dumb question, but I'm going to ask it anyway....
    So, the iTouch can connect to the internet, but do you not have to subscribe to "something"...I mean, I have a Blackberry and Droid and I have to pay for an internet package in order to connect. So when I go to Aruba all I have to do is have international internet service put on phone and I have access without paying for the service in Aruba. Of course if I use the BB as a phone I have to pay, but I can send and receive emails as if I were home.
    So how does this compare with the iTouch ???
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Its free because it uses the hotspots that are offered in various places. If you have wireless access, to my understanding, its a hotspot. Now some people have their access open (unsecured) and you can just hijack their internet at all. Other places, have secured (WEP, WAP) access that would require a password. In the states, they offer free wifi but have it locked, all you have to do is ask for a key (password), enter it into the touch and bam you are connected.

I have an BB and from my understanding I am going to have to add international calling and pay the additional fee to talk and roam the web. But with my ipod touch, I wont have to worry about that, as I plan to use Skype (thanks to a post on this web) to keep in touch. Free vs the added hassle of adding the roaming to my plan and paying the additional fee, sounds good to me.

Of course, I still plan to take my BB as a backup just in case I can't access the internet from my ipod (lack of hotspots) or from my laptop...

Options are always good..but then again....it is vacation.. hth
    Kisha

Aruba trip in

I think there is free wi-fi near Friday's too.

Also, if your Blackberry can get on wi-fi, you can use it for data and it won't count against your bill.

Natural Pool, Druif Beach, Eagle Beach, California Lighthouse, Helicopter
    Not many here seem to stay at Caribbean Palm but they have free wi-fi

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12