Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ~~~~japan~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    my baby leaves Singapore and heads to kittery maine at 6 pm tonight!! woo hoo.!

Eagle Beach, exploring the "Outback", Madi's tour to the Natural Pool , dinner at Papiamento's
    Wonderful news! You must be soooo relieved! Glad he was able to be of such help and have a great learning experience as well!

Good to hear he is going to come home. I am proud of all our troops and thank GOD they help us and the World when needed. Proud to being an American.

Thank God he is coming home. I know you are thrilled!!!!
    Pat

Aruba since 1979
    thanks for the good wishes............once in a blue moon he looks at this site.
    if he sees this thread he will be mortified.
    hhahahahaha

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    thanks for the good wishes............once in a blue moon he looks at this site.
    if he sees this thread he will be mortified.
    hhahahahaha
    www.nei.org has some very good information on the status of the Fukushima plant. This is where we, as nuclear professionals, go to get updated with accurate, reliable information. There tends to be, at times, mis-information put out by network news.

My heart goes out to the people of japan

Andrea, so happy about your son, and you know,if your son does see this. He only knows he has a very proud and concerned mom.

Our middle son is backpacking in Japan and scheduled to attend school in Akita for 10 months beginning on Aprl 15. While the situation in Sendai and Fukashima is tragic, his advice to everyone regarding the rest of Japan is . . . stop watching CNN! He is annoyed at how western media sensationalizes everything . . . I tend to agree . . . all of a sudden, there are no issues in Japan since ALL the issues are now in Libya . . . and what ever happened to Egypt? I suppose that just resolved itself? Our son has cited several scientific legitimate sources from Japan, Europe, and even in the United States (we are Canadian) that more than rebutes what the media is reporting and generalizing across Japan. I am not in any way minimizing the extent of the devastation in the areas affected or the toll on human life and families in those regions or those with relatives in the region that are elsewhere in Japan or around the world. I have a new and huge appreciation for my son who is reporting the facts from the other parts of Japan citing scientific sources and not journalistic sources which have been back to normal since March 12, the day after the quake / tsunami. Michael

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12