Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: John's New Novel!

Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    Hi John, Any news on when your new book will be released? I checked Amazon but it wasn’t listed.
    Hi Peg

Yes. The release has been delayed due to several incidents. A system crash wiped out close to 40 pages and the USB device with the backup failed. That set me back a couple of weeks. Also, Sony Music have dragged on release permissions. I may need to go back and rewrite a part if the permissions do not come through in the next little while. Fortunately I had another almost complete backup so the recovery wasn't too bad.

I also experienced some delays getting research info from the US Coast Guard with respect to the drug intercept patrols at the time in which the book is set. Similarly getting certain info from Venezuela took longer.

Hope it will all be worth it in the end.

Book should be out in early/mid January. The beta readers have returned positive comments so far.

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    Good Luck we will all be waiting :-)

Quote Originally Posted by aquaman View Post
    Hi Peg

Yes. The release has been delayed due to several incidents. A system crash wiped out close to 40 pages and the USB device with the backup failed. That set me back a couple of weeks. Also, Sony Music have dragged on release permissions. I may need to go back and rewrite a part if the permissions do not come through in the next little while. Fortunately I had another almost complete backup so the recovery wasn't too bad.

I also experienced some delays getting research info from the US Coast Guard with respect to the drug intercept patrols at the time in which the book is set. Similarly getting certain info from Venezuela took longer.

Hope it will all be worth it in the end.

Book should be out in early/mid January. The beta readers have returned positive comments so far.
    Thanks John! I had been watching for it and checking Amazon. Coming from a publishing background, I know what those permission releases are like. Hope you don’t have to do a rewrite! Will look forward to reading it towards the end of January!

I've been waiting for it too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12