Aruba Beach
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Joran in trouble again!

Quote Originally Posted by sunnysmiles View Post
    Don't you think they would have THAT on video, if they have van der sloot and the girl going in, him leaving, returning, and leaving for the final time?! Oh and leaving so nonchalantly?! If guys were trying to kill you and did kill a girl in your room wouldn't you call police?! I read that on a different site and I didn't believe it for a second!

I don't believe the armed intruder story for a minute, and that's why I used the word "claim" in my post. I know it was subtle, but I didn't think we were allowed to add our opinion. I happened to have read the article just before logging onto the board, and I saw that Andrea wanted a source to the story, so I linked it.

But, since you asked...I think rather than it being a plausible defense, it's of interest because of the record of his lies in the past. The surveillance video is going to be very important to this case because it's a clear record of the comings and goings to/from his hotel room. At some point, before going to trial, he and his attorney may come up with a defense that's within the realm of possibility, and then it will be interesting to see how he tries to wiggle out of this earlier statement. (Just to be clear, I don't think there's a reasonable defense to this crime, but you never know what can happen in a trial).
    Last edited by corona; 06-14-2010 at 09:43 AM.
    No Shirt, No Shoes, No Problem
    Next Aruba trip in
    Loving Aruba Since Honeymoon 1984

Aruba since 1979
    thanks all for providing links
    and
    keeping the commentaries civil, brief and to the point!
    we are grateful for your cooperation as this thread has the potential to turn the corner and go into another mode at any time. the disallowed posts which had been minimal and certainly not intentional, makes monitoring difficult and time consuming....but you all are doing well keeping your comments in check.

i think that surveillance video will say it all re: the events.

do any of you know the proceeding to trial?
    does he sit in jail for a long time like USA prisoners do before trial (months?)
    is it a jury trial?
    like in the USA is he to be referred to as the "alleged" murderer?
    is he presumed innocent til proven guilty?

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    and
    we are grateful for your cooperation as this thread has the potential to turn the corner and go into another mode at any time. the disallowed posts which had been minimal and certainly not intentional, makes monitoring difficult and time consuming....but you all are doing well keeping your comments in check.

does he sit in jail for a long time like USA prisoners do before trial (months?)
    is it a jury trial?
    Thanks Andrea. I hope I haven't gone over the line. I am really trying to keep my comments civil. LOL I can't say how I really feel.
    The only thing I read about the trial is that the jury only has 3 people. I would like someone to answer those questions as well.
    Pat

Comcast.net News has an article going back thru 5 yrs. of Joran's life.

I hope his mother has the strength to get through this.
    The article states he has 2 brothers-I think that was a question that was asked on the site.

Quote Originally Posted by LynnB. View Post
    Comcast.net News has an article going back thru 5 yrs. of Joran's life.

I hope his mother has the strength to get through this.
    The article states he has 2 brothers-I think that was a question that was asked on the site.
    Oh thanks LynnB I didn't know that he had 2 brothers, I always thought he was an only child. Yes I hope his mother is doing ok.
    Pat

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/06/14/...ex.html?hpt=T2

Lima, Peru (CNN) -- Joran van der Sloot's Peruvian attorney has resigned from defending the murder suspect, the attorney told Peru's Foreign Press Association on Monday.
    Earlier, Maximo Altez Navarro told CNN that he didn't want to be van der Sloot's attorney anymore.
    "This has created many problems for me," Altez said.
    According to Peruvian prison authorities, Altez was the only person to have visited van der Sloot in prison....
    No Shirt, No Shoes, No Problem
    Next Aruba trip in
    Loving Aruba Since Honeymoon 1984

Eagle Beach, exploring the "Outback", Madi's tour to the Natural Pool , dinner at Papiamento's
    On the morning news, they reported that the prisoner in the cell adjacent to his is a well-know assassin for hire.................hmmmm

here is the link provided

http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/ktl...,3756605.story
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 06-14-2010 at 09:29 PM. Reason: thanks for the link windy

Well I hope families of the victims get justice. I don't want him assassinated.

Senior Member aruba here I come's Avatar
    hummm and where is the computer with this email?

Natural Pool, Druif Beach, Eagle Beach, California Lighthouse, Helicopter
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    and

is it a jury trial?
    I watched one of the You Tube videos of the Peru prisons (someone earlier in this thread provided a link to it) and it said that the "norm" there right now is 12-18 months before they go to trial because they are so backlogged. It also said that the prisons are run by the inmates because the ratio of guards is so few to prisoners. I also read the same thing Windy did - about being with/next to a well-known assassin.
    As far as "presumed innocent til proven guilty", I don't know.
    Oh, and he will sit before 3 judges - not a jury as in the USA.

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast