Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: is it just me????

is it just me????

hubby and i just spent 5 wonderful days in south beach miami florida. he won the trip through work and it was 5 star all expenses paid. one of the great things is they also offer fun things to do. spa appts for the wives, and golf and deep sea fishing for the guys. hubby has always wanted to do the deep sea fishing and catch the "big one". lol i had checked into it when we were in aruba last year but he didnt want to spend the money....just him and son so it was pricey. it was also very expensive when we were in florida last time.....so this dream was shelved.

"WELL HONEY, HERE IS YOUR CHANCE!!!!!!! AND IT WONT COST US ANYTHING!!!!"

so he signs up..................no one catches anything for three of the four hours they are out. then one guy hooks a kingfish. pretty big and fun. then another hooks a barracuda....scared the crap out of all of them....i asked did you bring it home? its good eating??? then in the last 10 min of the ill fated trip......my husband hooks something....he is fighting hard and all of a sudden...bursting out of the water....is a huge sailfish!!!!(well huge to us!) he did it!!!! 90 or so inches long and 100 pounds! he caught "THE ONE"!!!!! yeah hubby!

then he informs me that he is getting it mounted and shipped to our home!!!! whaaaatttt????!!!! yes, this free fishing trip is now costing me about 1000.00!!!
    what the heck am i gonna do with this monster??? he is so happy and laughing he doesnt care. lol

so, is it just me that whenever i try to save a buck it somehow goes south on me??? lol

Aruba since 1979
    what a funny story!!
    when you figure out what to do with the giant mounted fish......(i say it should go out and be hung on your hay shed) let me know what i should do with the deer ass that we have mounted. it has never been hung in the house and moved with us from our first tiny apartment, thru 3 houses and now will be moving to FLA with us.

you need to take a picture of the fish and post it in your gallery.

where to hang it? over the head of your bed. ;-)

Senior Member aruba here I come's Avatar
    yea that one wouldn't be in my house either! maybe in his man room if he has one!

him and his stuff are not allowed anywhere near my barn or hay shed!!! that is about the only place that is truely mine!!! lol

he has suggested over our bed.....UH....NOOOOO!!!!!
    i have told him he has a movie room and a basement that is his....have at it. if he hangs it in the house i have told him i will decorate it for every holiday and occasion....lol i keep picturing it with a santa hat.....

i will try to get it into the gallery....wish me luck...lol

i think i did it...hopefully...lol

It is funny that you say you would decorate it for the holidays--My husband had this UGLY quail hanging in our family room. I fought and fought him on it--SO on Christmas I DID decorate it. Santa's hat and all. He THEN took it down. LOL It was so cute. LOL NOT!

Natural Pool, Druif Beach, Eagle Beach, California Lighthouse, Helicopter
    LOL What a great story. I guess if he was going to catch one, it's better that the trip was at least free!

I go round and round with my husband about the deer head he has mounted. Our new kitchen is going to have a 15 foot wall that he thinks would be perfect for it. Um, not! NOT in the kitchen! There's a proper place for dead animals to be mounted - I'm just not sure where yet. Good luck finding a place for it!

Nice catch, unfortunately the taxidermy business in Florida is known to be a bunch of scammers. They all work with one in another and all get a piece of the action. They will tell you you caught a trophy fish and that you should get it mounted and most people do. Unfortunately most people, especially non fisherman would not no any better and of course opt to have it mounted. I wouldn't worry about it, it's a nice fish and makes a great conversation piece so for $1000 bucks considering you didn't pay for the the trip or charter you are way ahead of the game. You should have kept the barracuda and eaten that. Actually most people don't know but sailfish is delicious.

We have a some fish mounted but they are "displayed" at our cottage. Works perfect there!
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

the joke is now all our friends are looking for those talking fishes to give us for christmas to compliment our new "decor"! lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast