Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Which Kindle is best for Beach Reading?

I think you'll be really happy with the Paperwhite. I love mine.

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    Thanks peg. They told me they register it virtually but once I get it, I need to do it on device. I am going to call them to have them walk me through initial set up such as registering, wifi connect to my house & adding books from cloud. Just a few so I know cause I don't want the whole library downloaded.

hey Peg, if I have questions afterwards, I may PM you. We are very technologically challenged in my house, lol

Gaby, feel free to PM me anytime with questions! I found the Paperwhite to be quite intuitive but DH, not so much!

Forgot to say the whole Cloud thing is so straight forward and seamless. At the top of the page you'll see Cloud/ On Device. When you click on the cloud it shows the books you have stored. When you delete a title it gives you the option of just deleting it from your device.

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    You got to love amazon. I ordered the paper white friday for $139 (didn't want special offers). Today I look and it dropped $20. I called amazon & they credited me $20.

Peg, got my kindle today. Do love it. Its slightly annoying with the touchscreen cause I'm constantly accidentally touching it. I have to remember to just grab the black part but I'm sure I will. downloading from my library is a breeze.

next is a kyss bag. hubby is already planning our next two trips since he's retiring so we'll do november & end of february. I definitely think I'll buy one of those phones and get minutes downloaded or a sim card since the first week i had the rental phone, i didn't really use it. but i'll check with you guys, I think Andrea mentioned it another time, when it gets closer. this way i can bring it back with me. one of our friends who lives there said we're crazy renting a phone, just buy a cheap one & put minutes on it or get a sim card.

Gaby, glad you're happy with the Kindle. After you use it a bit I think you'll get used to the touchscreen. I have the same issue when I use my husband's iPad because he has his shortcuts arranged differently and I always hit the wrong one, annoying.

I don't really bother with a phone in Aruba we just let everyone know we'll be doing email only. I put the phone in airplane mode and forget about it. Dinner reservations are done via email as well. It's nice to have a break from the phone.

Well, am on my way to UPS to return the paperwhite. They need to send me a new one. I can't download, it freezes. First one I called last night told me it was them. they are aware of it. Second person I spoke to (always call back), who I was on the phone with for 48 minutes, said he can find no problem with them. so i got my android, downloaded the book to that & it went through, no problem. so the guy sent me a return label, and is sending me a new one I will receive tomorrow. I have no luck with electronics whatsoever. he said its three days old, send it back & get a new one. its obviously the paperwhite since my old android had no problem downloading it.

Grrr, that's annoying!

Maybe I should buy a nook, lol. I have no luck with kindles.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast