Aruba Beach
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Which Kindle is best for Beach Reading?

Aruba since 1979
    our nook froze up constantly and finally was trashed.
    lady sitting next to me on a flight yesterday loved her paperwhite kindle.
    i love my ipad mini, but it is hard to read at the beach.

Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post
    Maybe I should buy a nook, lol. I have no luck with kindles.

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    I sent it back today & am suppose to get the new one tomorrow. I didn't want to try to fix, though they did try. The guy suggested since it was new & causing problems to just get a new one. I think it's my energy. I never get any electronic thing that works the first time. Anyway, if I have trouble with this, I'll check alternatives. Hopefully not. I did like it but it's useless if I can't download books.

Maybe I should buy a nook, lol. I have no luck with kindles.
    I have the Nook Color and absolutely love it. You hold the device horizontally to read at the beach. And I like the fact I can just walk into a Barnes & Nobel with it if I have any issues or questions. In fact, the B&N near me holds informal Nook sessions once or twice a week. They will even let you borrow a Nook while in the store if you are considering buying one (you leave your license with them while you have it).

Good luck!
    Darlene

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    Okay, have had my kindle paperwhite for about a month. I love it. So anyone who was curious, it is great. I do need to charge it more often then my old one doing the same amount of reading but I think that's because of the light, though I keep it on dim. but still I get away with about 5 days of intense reading before that. Anyway, great. Thanks to Peg & everyone who suggested the kindle paperwhite....

Okay, have had my kindle paperwhite for about a month. I love it. So anyone who was curious, it is great. I do need to charge it more often then my old one doing the same amount of reading but I think that's because of the light, though I keep it on dim. but still I get away with about 5 days of intense reading before that. Anyway, great. Thanks to Peg & everyone who suggested the kindle paperwhite....
    Now you just need to get back to the beach for the true test! I'm glad you are enjoying it.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Funny, I am just now looking at flights for when we want to go, finally they posted them. And I just emailed the guy we usually rent from. And Walt, Arubalisa a long time ago gave me that link to downloading free books & believe me, I do, lol....

so have to return my new paperwhite (again). there is like a tear on the screen and you can see the light shining through it. called Amazon, have to send this back & they are sending me a new one. now i have to redownload all the books I haven't read so far. thank goodness I keep a list of books I haven't read so my kindle isn't full of read books. i have no luck with this thing, lol. from what i gathered, they have had this happen before. since my paperwhite is only 4 months old, it was no problem with them.

so have to return my new paperwhite (again). there is like a tear on the screen and you can see the light shining through it. called Amazon, have to send this back & they are sending me a new one. now i have to redownload all the books I haven't read so far. thank goodness I keep a list of books I haven't read so my kindle isn't full of read books. i have no luck with this thing, lol. from what i gathered, they have had this happen before. since my paperwhite is only 4 months old, it was no problem with them.
    Gaby - the books should just show up once you log into your new Kindle (i.e. no need to re-select them again). Amazon keeps track of what you've downloaded (samples or purchases) so, when you fire up the new one, they'll all appear once you enter your account info.

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    Quote Originally Posted by act1966 View Post
    Gaby - the books should just show up once you log into your new Kindle (i.e. no need to re-select them again). Amazon keeps track of what you've downloaded (samples or purchases) so, when you fire up the new one, they'll all appear once you enter your account info.

I agree with ACT. I have three devices with my Amazon books. When I added each device to my account, the books showed up automatically. I can also access the book that I am reading through the Amazon app on my phone.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast